Topic: Cant get the loopback working on the headphone channel.

So i would like to record a little from the net for practice purposes, and trying to loopback the headphone channel so i dont have to turn of the monitors to do it, lazy yes i am.

In totalmix, "main" is the headphone jack, and 1/2 monitorjacks. This on Babyface pro.
I can loopback 1/2 but have to turn of monitors, and main, i cant loopback and get a signal into Reaper.

Why the loopback on "main"? Asking since i cant get it to do anything. And its probably me not knowing what to do with it.

On Ventura mbp m2 max.

Re: Cant get the loopback working on the headphone channel.

Loopback works for all channels. When you use Main Out (set for PH 3/4) you'll have to arm an input in Reaper for In 3+4 rather than 1+2. Also note that Loopback is post-fader, so the level will have to be up in TotalMix.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Why don’t you use some other output channels for the loopback, unused ADAT or such?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Jeff wrote:

Loopback works for all channels. When you use Main Out (set for PH 3/4) you'll have to arm an input in Reaper for In 3+4 rather than 1+2. Also note that Loopback is post-fader, so the level will have to be up in TotalMix.

There it is! Thank you. The in, in reaper was what i missed.

oli77sch wrote:

Why don’t you use some other output channels for the loopback, unused ADAT or such?

This is even more brilliant! big_smile
Didnt even think of that. Thank you.