Topic: Streaming bridge for ADI-2 DAC

Ask for good and proven input for a streaming bridge for the ADI-2
I stream TIDAL and I prefer this app rather than some app with less features that links to TIDAL.

Some say Raspberry PI ?

Could an IPAD Pro connect (successfully) to the ADI-2 - or must it be a laptop with wired net ?

Re: Streaming bridge for ADI-2 DAC

iPad Pro: no active adapter, just a simple USB-B to USB-C cable or connector adapter

Page 52 user manual of ADI-2 DaC tells everything in details

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by artburda 2023-06-27 18:49:13)

Have a look a the Wiim mini and Wiim Pro streamers. They support Tidal Connect.

4 (edited by KaiS 2024-04-03 15:26:56)

christian.ringheim wrote:

Could an IPAD Pro connect (successfully) to the ADI-2 - or must it be a laptop with wired net ?

I do use an older iPhone, having it dedicated for streaming Tidal.
Just needs an Apple CCK adapter and USB-A to USB-B cable.

iPad works great either.

WiiM Pro via coax S/PDIF. Set it to fixed output and it shouldn't mess with the bits (unless MQA is involved... sad).

See here for bitrate support depending on the path: https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/soluti … -supports-

6 (edited by Kjetil200 2024-04-03 12:42:30)

Sorry for occupying this thread, but I think it has relevance to this. I recently bought a ADI-2 fs dac and I’m currently using Roon on my old Mac to stream from Qubus.

I sold a Linn Klimax streamer after buying the RME

Is it possible to stream Qobus directly to the RME from an iPad if I buy the camera adapter from apple?

Any reason this would alter things sonically or resolution wise opposed the the Mac?

If I touch my Mac’s power inlet I sometimes hear a hum, so I believe it isn’t the most quiet one.

7 (edited by KaiS 2024-04-03 15:43:34)

Kjetil200 wrote:

Is it possible to stream Qobus directly to the RME from an iPad if I buy the camera adapter from apple?

iPad and iPhone (even the older ones like iPhone 6) works great with ADI-2 here, up to 192 kHz sample rate, the highest my Tidal account offers.

Depending on the iDevice model you need the Apple CCK (for Lighning models), or no adapter, just an USB-C to USB-B cable.

Kjetil200 wrote:

Any reason this would alter things sonically or resolution wise opposed the the Mac?

No, RME BitTest passes, so 100% signal integrity.

Kjetil200 wrote:

If I touch my Mac’s power inlet I sometimes hear a hum, so I believe it isn’t the most quiet one.

The reason is a lack of electrical ground connection in your system.
You probably have all 2-prong-only mains connectors.

If it bothers you, it can be solved, else just leave it.

Currently the best advice is, get an ADI-2/4 Pro SE PSU, it has a “soft ground“ configuration to deal with this.

Thank you! I will try the iPad solution for simplicity.