Topic: Sacd Sony Ubp-x800m2 and Rme Adi2Dac fs

Hello, I have a Sony UBP-X800M2 blu ray player that also reads Sacds. If I use the hdmi output of the Sony can I connect to the fantastic Rme Adi2Dac fs for the conversion of the dsd file? How to do? Thank you

Re: Sacd Sony Ubp-x800m2 and Rme Adi2Dac fs

Not possible. The ADI-2 DAC FS doesn't have an HDMI input.

My suggestion is to rip the SACD to DSF and use playback software that supports DSF.

You will need a cheap second hand Blu Ray player that supports SACD ripping software. Do a Google search for "rip SACD" or similar.

I'll be honest I don't know what the fuss is about DSD. I don't think there's any benefit over PCM. It's additional hassle for no additional benefit.

3 (edited by ramses 2023-07-24 15:10:13)

You could at least connect the Sony via S/PDIF to the ADI-2 DAC FS. You won't get SACD audio, maybe only the usual WAV track, but anyway, this way you can connect the two devices to play/listen to music. I also regard DSD as overrated, as the whole recording / processing / mastering is being done in wav format anyway.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

badboygolf16v wrote:

Not possible. The ADI-2 DAC FS doesn't have an HDMI input.

My suggestion is to rip the SACD to DSF and use playback software that supports DSF.

You will need a cheap second hand Blu Ray player that supports SACD ripping software. Do a Google search for "rip SACD" or similar.

I'll be honest I don't know what the fuss is about DSD. I don't think there's any benefit over PCM. It's additional hassle for no additional benefit.

Thanks for the reply. So it's not worth thinking about.

ramses wrote:

You could at least connect the Sony via S/PDIF to the ADI-2 DAC FS. You won't get SACD audio, maybe only the usual WAV track, but anyway, this way you can connect the two devices to play/listen to music. I also regard DSD as overrated, as the whole recording / processing / mastering is being done in wav format anyway.

Thanks for the reply. So it's not worth thinking about.

I would go with ramses suggestion of using the S/PDIF output of the X800M2.

Another possibility is a box like this that (in theory!) offers an extracted DSD DoP output over digital coax. It's risky, who knows for sure if it would work. Again you would need to do your research and ask around on the relevant forums where it's mentioned.

Probably not worth the hassle.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/174614339140

Mentioned here:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru … st-1384921

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME