Topic: Help! TotalMix has stopped working with mac Ventura 13.4

I am using a BabyFace Pro FS with a Mac Mini (m1 processors). I recently updated my system to Ventura 13.4. Before installing it, I received a notification saying that my RME legacy extensions would not be compatible with my new system. So I went to the the RME website and downloaded the newest driver for BabyFace Pro FS (4.08), then restarted the computer to activate both the new system and the new driver.

Now TotalMix is not working at all. It doesn't open at startup, as it used to. And when I open it manually, no windows open, and when I try to crate a new window it doesn't recognize that my BabyFace is connected.

Can anyone help me? This is kind of a disaster for me. Thanks!

Re: Help! TotalMix has stopped working with mac Ventura 13.4

Do you have allowed the RME driver in macOS system settings > security and privacy?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Thanks for the reply! I have looked in system settings > security and privacy > extensions and I don't see the RME driver anywhere.

bobstillman wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I have looked in system settings > security and privacy > extensions and I don't see the RME driver anywhere.

Its just called Totalmix
And you find it under "Microphone"

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thanks, found it, and it is already enabled.

6 (edited by waedi 2023-08-19 13:30:37)

Does the RME fireface Settings dialog open ?

Did you overlooked the need of update the firmware to version 226 prior to install the new 408 driver ?
The readme text in the driver download folder tells to do so.
If this is the case a computer with a working driver is need to run the FUT.
You may have to delete the current driver and install an old driver for doing the FUT.
https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_usb_mac_328b2.zip

7 (edited by bobstillman 2023-08-19 13:38:56)

Thank you, I have opened the RME USB Series Flash Tool and I can see that I need to update the firmware. But when I click on "Update," nothing happens. I assume this means I need to delete the driver and install an older one? Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know how to delete the driver. Can you advise me?

Never mind, I just found it in the manual!

9 (edited by waedi 2023-08-19 14:24:18)

Oh cool ! Someone reading a manual ! Top !

Please let us know if your Babyface works fine with the new 4082 driver on your M1 Mac.

Some users reported glitching sound problems in this system.

bobstillman wrote:

Thanks, found it, and it is already enabled.

It’s not what I meant!
But this:
Before the reboot for finishing the driver installation open System Preferences, Security & Privacy, tab General. There should be a grey „Allow“ button in the right lower area. Click the unlock symbol first, then confirm using the RME GmbH kernel extension.
If the "Allow" button is NOT visible, you may need to reinstall the driver again to make it appear again.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

waedi wrote:

Oh cool ! Someone reading a manual ! Top !

Please let us know if your Babyface works fine with the new 4082 driver on your M1 Mac.

Some users reported glitching sound problems in this system.

Thanks waedi! So, update: I have re-installed an earlier version of TotalMix (1.83), and BabyFace is once again showing up and functioning (although it looks like I've lost my TotalMix workspace configuration and will have to start from scratch.) Given that it is now working, and that, as you say, people have reported problems with Mac m1 and the latest BabyFace driver, should I even bother updating the firmware and installing the 4082 driver? I am now running Ventrua 13.4. Will the oilder driver have trouble with this OS?

12 (edited by waedi 2023-08-19 18:09:56)

As the Babyface is working now, I would do the FUT for having the newest firmware with all features.
Then update the driver to the newest and test it for playing music without glitches.
The firmware will run on older drivers.
Downgrade the driver is easy to do when need.

Thank you very much, waedi!