Topic: TotalMix FX 1.85 available for Windows and Mac

Summer holidays are over so here comes the next version of TotalMix FX, 1.85, for Windows and Mac. These are the latest changes since 1.84, which had not been added to all driver packages yet:

New in TotalMix FX 1.85 beta 1:

- Fix for UCX II: Mute did not work when Phase invert was active

- Fix: PEQ settings allowed invalid entries via keyboard in specific cases

- Talkback did not work in TM FX DAW mode

- Changed behavior for old ARC with UFX and others: activating Speaker B the Main Out of the device is temporarily switched, resulting in the same resolution (0.5dB steps with slow adjustment) for both outputs, and display of the volume setting at the device.

- Added the option 'Volume (TotalMix)' in Settings, which enables volume control for the old ARC by TotalMix (without the 0.5dB steps on slow adjustment, but deterministically related to the mechanical encoder position).

- Tab ARC and Function Keys: with UFX III and UCX II the upper section is renamed to 'Function Keys (Device)'

- Mac only: Made TM FX compatible to Logic's new 'Virtual MIDI Device'

Download Edit: Links updated to release version

Windows: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_win_185.zip

Mac: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_mac_185.zip

Installation

Windows: Exit TotalMix FX (right click systray icon)and copy the new version into Windows\System32, overwriting the old file.

Mac: Exit TotalMix FX completely and copy the app into the Applications folder, overwriting the old file.

Update

We now also offer a Legacy Build version of TotalMix FX 1.85. This version was created with an older compiler for Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems. Due to current compilers and certificate expiration, driver updates are no longer available for older systems. However, the TotalMix FX application can be manually updated to this version 1.85LB. It is suitable for all drivers, i.e. HDSPe, FireWire, USB and MADIface USB. More info can be found in the included readme:

Windows LB: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_win_185lb.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: TotalMix FX 1.85 available for Windows and Mac

Mac only: Made TM FX compatible to Logic's new 'Virtual MIDI Device'

Can confirm: Fix works fine on latest Mac Ventura and on Sonoma beta (23A5328b)

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

Windows: Version 1.85 worked whereas 1.83 did not (Symptom was that the UI wasn't working.  Mix was active but using any controls resulted in beeps -- by analogy, what you'd experience if there was an invisible window that needed to be closed first).

Windows 11 Pro
UCX USB 3.0

That was fixed in 1.84 already.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'm having an issue with TotalMix (both 1.85 beta 1, as well as the released version that installs with the FF800 driver). After some amount of time (minutes to hours), TotalMix becomes unresponsive, requiring a force-quit.

This issue started when I upgraded to an Apple Silicon, M1 Max MacBook Pro.
Mac OS 12.6.8
Fireface 800 (driver 3.41, firmware 2.77) connected either via Apple adapters or via OWC dock with FW port.

I sometimes get a crash report, which I can share. My workaround is to quit TotalMix right after I boot up. But this prevents access to TotalMix features.

I'd appreciate any help you can offer, and can send along any additional information you need.

Thanks

Performer, Teacher, Composer

Please send the crash report via forum mail.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Version 1.85 has been released and will be added to new drivers versions step by step. There are only two small changes changes to B1 regarding MIDI control:

- Fixed issue with a limitation of MIDI channels

- Added device dependent limits for the mic gain range

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Please send the crash report via forum mail.

I tried to email it to you via the forum's email link, but it had a size limitation that prevented me from sending the crash report.

place to a cloud and link to there.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The crash report I have is from v1.75, so I was just now trying to get one for this v185 beta 1-- mostly by just waiting. It inevitably becomes unresponsive every time, but doesn't reliably generate a crash report.

The TotalMix app was running but hidden. As expected, TotalMix became unresponsive-- then after about 3-4 minutes, the mix window re-appeared (from the hidden state) but the app was still unresponsive (as usual), with a spinning color ball. Because this time I was waiting to see if Mac OS would generate a crash report, I waited about 10 minutes or so, then (to my surprise) it became responsive again.

That's a first for me, but I'm not sure I ever tried waiting 15 minutes for TotalMix to finish whatever it was doing to become responsive.

Thanks for the reports, keep them available a few days. We'll check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

- Fixed issue with a limitation of MIDI channels

Hi MC,

could you please explain a little more in detail, what limitation of MIDI channels is fixed now? And which limitation existed before?
Maybe, this could be helpful for me as i am experimenting a lot with MIDI and OSC stuff.

Thanks in advance.

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

13 (edited by stub 2023-10-09 04:10:57)

Have you had a chance to look at my crash logs? It might be easier if I generate a crash report while booted in SAFE mode. Let me know.

Hi Guys,

New RME user here.  I have the Digiface USB.  How do I get to be notified about software updates for Total Mix and firmware updates for the Digiface?

Regards

Hi I have problem on macbook. Total Mix window doesn't show up therefore my interface doesn't work. How did this happen? Anyone knows? No Total Mix window at all.

16 (edited by waedi 2023-10-26 22:25:09)

Observer200 wrote:

Hi I have problem on macbook. Total Mix window doesn't show up therefore my interface doesn't work. How did this happen? Anyone knows? No Total Mix window at all.

Is the Fireface Settings Dialog opening ?

If not, the USB connection fails.
Try other cable and different USB-port without hub.

Is it an USB-interface ? Wich one ?
Sure the interface is not in CC-mode or PC-mode ?

Is it showing up in the system report ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hello The USB and interface are fine but the software dialog doesn't appear, when I click on Total Mix only the top menu shows up no Total Mix Window...

waedi wrote:
Observer200 wrote:

Any word on the crash logs I sent? Thank you.

Everything is Fine now. I re-installed Fireface, and it worked...
Thank you all for the help.

Observer200 wrote:

Hello The USB and interface are fine but the software dialog doesn't appear, when I click on Total Mix only the top menu shows up no Total Mix Window...

waedi wrote:
Observer200 wrote:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but can anyone advise how does one get to be notified about updates? I’ve registered my interface, but didn’t receive any response.

Regards

Subscribe to this thread:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=6157

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

22 (edited by vnetstudio 2024-01-02 16:34:34)

Hi, have all my best wishes for 2024 !!

REQUEST 1 :
Please, could RME make available a comprehensive REFERENCE MANUAL for TotalMixFx, because there are numerous settings or parameters that are no longer documented (like F3 settings), and the latest manual are not up to date.

REQUEST 2 :
Now that there's a TMFx REMOTE for iOS, what does prevent you to compile a version for ANDROID ?
In fact, it's just a remote which doesn't actually deal with the USB port, so it should just te same code, build within the Android platform ?

Thanks a lot !