Topic: Headphone output as Windows sound device

FireFace UFX II

I have TotalMix set to DAW mode, and this is working fine in Cubase, I can get output with my headphones and monitors.

When I use my UFXII as the Windows sound device I cannot get any output on the headphones. When I play back a YouTube video in a browser, I see the main channel has output, and I can hear sound on my monitors connected to AN 1/2, but I cannot find any way of routing output to the headphones.

2 (edited by waedi 2023-08-28 03:42:33)

Re: Headphone output as Windows sound device

Set Totalmix to normal mode Submix-mode and route the Software playback signal to the headphone.
DAW-mode is good for DAW where you choose an output channel for the signal.
Windows plays audio by default on output channel 1/2 therefor it goes directly to the hardware output 1/2 where your monitor speakers are connected.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

In normal mode can I route Software playback to both headphones and 1/2? Sometimes I want to playback on the monitors too.

I gather from your reply that headphone output is not achievable in DAW mode?

jry wrote:

In normal mode can I route Software playback to both headphones and 1/2? Sometimes I want to playback on the monitors too.

I gather from your reply that headphone output is not achievable in DAW mode?

Nomen est omen - TotalMix - yes, every hardware output (mostly linked stereo pairs) can have its own mix from both, hardware inputs (for direct monitoring) and software playback channels. Your system playback can be routed to every output you want at the same time. Even on different levels. But only in 'full' mode, not DAW mode. In DAW mode there is a fixed 1:1 routing.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2