1 (edited by ramses 2023-09-04 09:18:57)

Topic: Proposal for DC NG 0.63b (Win) ** Defaults for Input Selection **

Hi,

while trying different DC Instruments I found out that the input signal is always being reset to Analog 1/2.

I think it would be more useful to

1. define some DC wide defaults which become applicable
    - when the user starts DC NG (not restoring a workspace) and
    - if the user didn't select inputs yet

2. if the user selected other inputs than the stored defaults,
    that they take precedence simply assuming that it has reasons to juse other channels from that point on

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Proposal for DC NG 0.63b (Win) ** Defaults for Input Selection **

But mainly, if one just changes already existing view to different DC Instrument input should stay set as they are, and not ro reset to Analog 1/2 or any different default....

3 (edited by ramses 2023-09-05 18:59:32)

Kubrak wrote:

But mainly, if one just changes already existing view to different DC Instrument input should stay set as they are, and not ro reset to Analog 1/2 or any different default....

I meant it exactly this way as I wrote .. see the order and wording in my post, #1 first, #2 next.

Example: in my case the monitoring is being performed through ADI-2 Pro connected to ADAT 1/2.

So it would be useful to have this channel (loopback) as default, because ... this is what you will use most likely.

But (case #2) if you choose a different I/O port, then please stick to this last chosen one.
The user only might want to try out different instruments.

Clearer now? Or did I misunderstand you somehow?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

+1 for this!

Windows 11 / Nuendo 12 / UFX+ / M-1610 Pro / ADI-2 Pro FS R / Sonnet USB 3.0 PCIe