Topic: How do I hear the audio DIGIcheck is monitoring through the PC speaker

I am not a professional sound engineer, but my job requires the use of DIGICheck and HDSP9632 to monitor the SPDIF output of the TV. I need to confirm that the Spectral Analyser and the Channel Status Display show the correct data, and I want to be able to hear the monitored audio to confirm that it is the correct content. But I don't know how to do that at the same time.

2 (edited by waedi 2023-09-10 00:42:53)

Re: How do I hear the audio DIGIcheck is monitoring through the PC speaker

Connect the TV SPDIF to the SPDIF input of the card and see Totalmix.
Route that input signal to the output channel where the loudspeakers are connected.
In Digicheck select the SPDIF input for all the analyzer-instruments. Right-click into the instrument.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

Connect the TV SPDIF to the SPDIF input of the card and see Totalmix.
Route that input signal to the output channel where the loudspeakers are connected.
In Digicheck select the SPDIF input for all the analyzer-instruments. Right-click into the instrument.

Thanks for your reply.
With TotalMix, I can route the input of the RME sound card to its own output. But I wish I could route the content to another sound card on the PC and then output it. For example, through the headset connected to the PC motherboard, hear the content received by the RME sound card. Can I do that? If so, how do I do it?

4 (edited by Kubrak 2023-11-05 13:09:03)

Probably not by RME SW. You could use "virtual cable" SW that enables you to route any audio signal to any audio output.....

I am not sure, if it affects latency/stability of RME output. It might, .....

For example this:
https://vb-audio.com/Cable/

Generally, I agree it would be handy to be able to hear what DIGIcheck measures. Or at least if Digicheck would show the labels from TotalMix. If one monitors more sources, it is hard to recognize, what exactly is monitored.....

One may easily make an mistake... I have three RME devices with 200+ I/Os in total.....

Is it for Windows computer or for Mac ?
On a Windows computer I think it's not possible.
The virtual cable can't connect to something that is not available from the computer operating system.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

6 (edited by Kubrak 2023-11-05 14:40:54)

The both Win and Mac. I do not know about Mac, but on Win it IMHO sort of hijaks selected audio drivers. It is long time since I have experimented with it. As far as I remember it allows to route internally from source to source.

I would see it as sort of internal virtual patchbay....

2 simple ways. connect the anaolg out of the hdsp9632 to the input of the onboard audio card and monitor through that, or connect the headset to the phones out of the hdsp. Simple is always best.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632