Topic: Have TotalMix Settings Recall after power outage?

I recently upgraded my Studio to a UFX3 and I'm absolutely loving it! Ties in well with the rest of my gear and sounds fantastic.

One thing that has been super annoying is that when my power goes out (not super uncommon living out in the countryside), when I restart the computer, the settings are all gone and it prompts me with that NO/YES window about having a settings conflict between the device and TotalMix, or something similar. I didn't save a screenshot and I don't remember the exact wording.

The first time I, mistakingly, pressed YES and it completely wiped all my settings, which was unpleasant to work out again as I have a bunch of ADAT gear and had things routed a certain way.

Since then I've created a snapshot which I've recalled when this has happened, but I'm wondering if there's a way to have TotalMix retain whatever settings it currently has (including the window size at 135%) instead of having to manually load settings every time every time the power goes out.

Ideally I would never have the power go out this way, but it's something that happens often enough to be annoying in this context.

I'm on a M2 Mac Mini running OS 13.4.1 with TotalMix 1.78

Re: Have TotalMix Settings Recall after power outage?

If you completele close (exit) TM FX the current state is stored. The better way would be to save everything in a workspace file.

There is no way to save everything regularly every minute or so.

I would recommend buying a UPS, they are so cheap these days...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Have TotalMix Settings Recall after power outage?

Ok, I'll try saving a workspace file. Should that automatically load the last version after a (potential) crash?

Getting a UPS is on my list of stuff but need to figure out a chunky enough one to run my computer and studio gear off of it.