1 (edited by Siddho 2023-10-08 19:23:44)

Topic: Problem with new MADIface series drivers for ADI-2 Series

For the very first time in over 15 years of using RME products I have had troubles with the drivers.

I use the ADI-2 DAC FS at home on a dedicated Pro Tools PC for when I have to work from home and occasional music listening. The only programs I installed on the Windows 11 PC are Pro Tools (incl. several standard plugins), VLC, Macrium and Firefox and of course all the necessary hardware drivers, etc.

After updating from driver 9821 (which worked fine) to driver 9824 the system and Pro Tools would not recognize the ASIO driver. I installed the driver again after a reboot, and then all was fine after a second reboot.

Then, yesterday, I updated to driver 9827 and everything seemd OK untill I had to reboot the PC. Now the PC took a very long time (2 minutes or so) to finish booting up after signing in with my password and before the black screen was gone and everything was up and ready to go. Previously this gap between signing in and the PC being ready would take only about a second or two. I had only updated the driver and had installed nothing else... and windows updates were on pause. I of course cold-booted and rebooted and the situation was (with one or two exceptions) always the same.

I had a Macrium image of my C drive which I used and rolled everything back to driver 9821. The PC was back to normal with the usual very fast boot.

I tried installing again to 9827 and the slow boot after signing in returned, so I can only think that the driver is causing some trouble.

I have rolled back again and have stayed with driver 9824.

I wanted to report this here in case someone at RME cares to possibly look into this issue. Of course my PC might be at fault but I have not noticed anything else causing any problems or having any issues.

Many Thanks.

Edit: The only thing I forgot to mention is the new ADI-2 Remote install. However it and the PC work fine with driver 9824; its 9827 which seems to be causing the problems.