1 (edited by NVG 2023-10-10 02:46:34)

Topic: Fireface USB settings issue

Hello to everyone!

So I have this MacBook Pro 16” with Catalina and Babyface pro, so for other computer I bought this UCX card and decided to try it on Macbook first. It was hosting all the time until I restart it while MacBook is already working and never hosting on boot. If I restart it while Mac is working it becomes found and red light host is off and everything works fine. This have something to do with usb-c and dc power  cause babyface works perfect.

So I decided to bring UCX to win based computer and btw It works fine there, and connected babyface back to MacBook.

And everything is fine except one thing. Yes, I know, when we start our computers with Rme interfaces it automatically launches mixer and FireWire usb settings. And it’s totally fine: they appear for a second and then disappear and just work on background. But after I tried this UCX and plugged babyface back this “FIREFACE USB SETTINGS” window stopped disappearing on boot, I can now close it only manually. Tried to reinstall drivers, update flash, change port, change admin to guest to see if it’s same and yes it’s still the same. Mixer appears and disappears as usually though..

Omg this is so uncomfortable, I tried to reinstall drivers with manually deleting some files, the way I’ve found in this forum but it’s still same sad

Please, help! sad

https://ibb.co/0cHScJ8 - excuse me, I don’t know how to properly post image here, so this is just a link with a screenshot

UPD:

So I figured it out, in a way.. by downgrading both flash and driver downloaded from legacy drivers problem is solved.

Any guesses? Kernel? Driver? Flash? What kind of issue it was?

And by the way about UCX, there was another really weird thing happening. So I have the small adapter from USB type-c to USB 2 and this adapter have a small blue light, which is shining when the MacBook is turned on so when the MacBook was turned off, but that fireface UCX was on, with latest driver and flash update, and was turned on being powered by DC power supply, this small adapter was having a very very low blue light like there is some electricity going inside there (Mac is off). And so when I was turning on the MacBook, it was not shining as bright as it must like there is no electricity or something is interfering with it and electricity is not going to UCX and when I turn off UCX adapter starts to shine as it should like electricity through USB is going now and then I turn on UCX again and MacBook sees it now and it’s all good..