Topic: FF800 Digital noise all outs on playback ventura hackintosh, mojave ok

Hi,

I have a FF800 that works perfectly on my hackintosh with Mojave. I've been trying to move over to Ventura which I have installed on a second SSD. Initially the FF worked but it started emitting full blast digital noise across all outputs on audio playback. Once after reinstalling the drivers it worked but the noise came back.

This happens on both TB port and also a PCI FW card.  Totalmix works fine.

I know this is probably a shot in the dark but maybe someone has an idea of why this might be happening or maybe some trouble shooting ideas. My guess is a driver issue or conflict. I haven't done a clean install yet but that probably my next step.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Re: FF800 Digital noise all outs on playback ventura hackintosh, mojave ok

Is this noise also visible in Totalmix ?
Only on all Playback-channels ?
If You give a signal (may be a keyboard) into an analog input and route this to the output to the monitor speakers, works this without noise ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

Is this noise also visible in Totalmix ?
Only on all Playback-channels ?
If You give a signal (may be a keyboard) into an analog input and route this to the output to the monitor speakers, works this without noise ?

BLASTING Noise is on all outputs only on playback and will stop 20 or so seconds after playback stops. Visible in total mix.
Analog signals through totalmix monitoring work fine.

Thanks for your interest!

More likely something between FireWire, your Hackintosh, and Ventura. Mind that there's no official support for Hackintosh systems.
You could try reducing bandwidth in the Fireface settings dialog.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

More likely something between FireWire, your Hackintosh, and Ventura. Mind that there's no official support for Hackintosh systems.
You could try reducing bandwidth in the Fireface settings dialog.

Thanks. I did try that at one point and it didn't help. I'll keep trying stuff and report back if I learn anything.
Yep, no official support but I'm grasping at straws...
Also, keep up the great work. I love my 2 FF800s! Hopefully they'll stay supported. I've been using them for over a decade with no issues.

Hi @pencilina have a similar issue with Mac Pro 5,1Running Monterey 12.7 via Open Core Legacy patcher. It worked fine with Mojave but having issues with Monterey 12.7 via Open Core Legacy patcher. Currently connected FW800 however will try to use the FW to USB C adapter to see if that fixes it? It is possible that your power supply has failed as many years ago I had a similar issue and it was the power supply that needed replacing. Worked great after PS change.

gabrieljsmith1 wrote:

Hi @pencilina have a similar issue with Mac Pro 5,1Running Monterey 12.7 via Open Core Legacy patcher. It worked fine with Mojave but having issues with Monterey 12.7 via Open Core Legacy patcher. Currently connected FW800 however will try to use the FW to USB C adapter to see if that fixes it? It is possible that your power supply has failed as many years ago I had a similar issue and it was the power supply that needed replacing. Worked great after PS change.

I'm using open core for both OSes. I doubt its the power supply because it working fine with Mojave and total mix is still solid. The issue happens for me on the PCI FW card as well as TB. Something might be up with open core. I did upgrade OC but same problem.