Topic: RME ADI-2 DAC FS not recognized by windows

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the Rme Adi 2 Dac latest firmware and after a few minutes the Rme adi 2 wasn't recognized by windows anymore. I've read some threads about the same issue but couldn't find any solutions.
I've tried using different usb ports and cables but I still have the same problem. I'm not sure on how to uninstall the drivers.
I could use some help

Julien

Re: RME ADI-2 DAC FS not recognized by windows

The driver download includes a readme text where the last part usually is uninstall instructions.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I've read the readme text but I can't find any information on how to uninstall the latest version...

4 (edited by ramses 2023-10-29 17:06:28)

Hi Julien,

the driver doesn't need to be removed; therefore, there is no such information available. See manual ch 20 ...

A lot of information missing. What Windows version and what driver did you install?

Do or did you see the device in the device manager?

Did you try another USB cable and all other USB2 or USB3 ports of your system?

Do you have another computer to test with?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ok thanks for your answer.

I use Windows 11, I installed the latest driver: 2023-09-13 driver_madiface_win_09827.

Yes it appears in the device manager but it doesn't appear in the audio output when I right-click on the sound volume icon.

It's really strange because the usb device is detected (as it suggests to eject it when I click on the usb icon) but it seems that I can't use it as an audio interface for some reason.

I've tried all usb ports of my system and also tried another another cable, nothing changed.

I'll be able to try it on another computer next week at my work.

I've tried the RME ADI 2 DAC on another computer and it works fine, so the problem comes from my PC.

I still think it has to do with the latest firmware I downloaded.

Any help appreciated.

Julien