Topic: Babyface Pro vs Babyface Pro Fs

Hello,

I just joined the forum. First of all, I would like to say that I am a big RME fan.

Today I want to talk about some things I was curious about and noticed for Babyface pro and Babyface Pro FS.

Because I want to clarify some questions in my mind about this.

In a thread, Matthias Carstens from Babyface Pro said that there is no need to upgrade for Babyface Pro FS.

Even though I have listened to it many times, I still hear a difference with both headphones and speakers. However, I can't be sure which one gives the right sound. They are both transparent, we can agree on that. However, on the PRO FS model, it says High End Converter in a video in synthax advertisements. In Babyface Pro, I cannot hear the upper frequencies in more detail, but I get a flat sound. I still get a flat sensation in PRO FS, but the sensation decreases in the lower mids and lower regions. I wonder if there is a difference between ESS and Akm chips. We talked to Daniel Fuchs via e-mail, and he said there was no difference. However, I have tried it many times. So I have been using Babyface Pro for 5 years and my ears cannot be deceiving me. I think I know my sound card pretty well. For example, the same situation exists when recording audio. The highs sound more prominent, the lows sound lower. One of the words I hate most in my life is placebo effect, please do not use it. If it were to be a placebo, I wouldn't say the same thing after experiencing it many times.

Additionally, some people on the Audiosciencereview forum site say that they get the same sensation between Adi2 FS and Babyface Pro FS when DSP is not used, and they also say that they tested them side by side. Is this a real thing? Is there an experiencer? These are the question marks in my mind. I wrote for a long time, but I was really curious.

Thanks for interest..