1 (edited by gpapst 2023-11-08 18:42:18)

Topic: Wrong Octamic cannel allocation (via Fireface UFX+)

I really hope someone can help. - I rented a pre-configured set of Fireface UFX+ and Octamic XTC. Honestly, I never worked with such equipment. And now I cannot reach any engineer from the "renting company", for the next few day.

Fireface UFX+ acts as master, provides 4 Mic cannels, and is connected to a WIN PC via USB
Octamic is connected to Fireface via Fiber and Midi, and shall provide additional 8 channels.

My Problem:
Always two (2) Octamic Mic XLR inputs are "merged" onto one (1) ADAT channel in the TotalMix FE console: 

XRL     LED       TotalMix
#1       Mic 1     ADAT/ XTC 1
#2       Mic 2     ADAT/XTC 1 (!)
#3       Mic 3     ADAT/XTC 2 (!)
#4       Mic 4     ADAT/XTC 2 (!)
#5       Mic 5     ADAT/XTC 3 (!)
#6       Mic 6     ADAT/XTC 3 (!)

Any idea what's wrong and how/where to fix?
Many thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Wrong Octamic cannel allocation (via Fireface UFX+)

You have a sample rate mismatch between the Octamic XTC and UFX+. Looks like the UFX+ works at single speed (44.1/48k) while Octamic XTC is set for double speed (88.2/96kHz).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I have a "MADIface" app gui with a tab "UFX+1(1)". Therein the sample rate is set to 96000 Hz.
... TMS set on; ... ADAT Sync shown as 48 kHz, but no option to change.

In TotalMix_FX I could not find anything to configure a sample rate, for whatsoever.

Where/how can I check and change the sample rate for XTC?

gpapst wrote:

I have a "MADIface" app gui with a tab "UFX+1(1)". Therein the sample rate is set to 96000 Hz.
... TMS set on; ... ADAT Sync shown as 48 kHz, but no option to change.

In TotalMix_FX I could not find anything to configure a sample rate, for whatsoever.

Where/how can I check and change the sample rate for XTC?

In the display's menu of the XTC. Obviously, as it is not connected to the computer directly. Details are in the manual (in case they forgot to include it):

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/octamicxtc_e.pdf

Page 18.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME