Topic: UFX+ is not detected on win 11

Searched without finding anything helpful. Installed the latest drivers 09827 for UFX+ on win 11 but my computer only sees
LS32AG32x NVIDIA High definition audio and the UFX+ is not visible. Has anyone had this behavior? Am i missing something?
Any help would be great

Re: UFX+ is not detected on win 11

Usb3? Thunderbolt? Correcect driver for either?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Check number of active WDM devices in the settings dialog

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

vinark wrote:

Usb3? Thunderbolt? Correcect driver for either?

Its USB

Found out that if i disabled the Nvidia sound i the Device manager Im able to get the UFX+ to work
with Pro Tools. Never had this problem with UCX or Babyface Pro. Why dose Nvidia seem to interfere?

RME Support wrote:

How can I do that....can you please specify? Thx!

phillyn wrote:
RME Support wrote:

Settings dialog is a program, it's part of the driver installation.
See your programms, there should be one called Madiface settings dialog

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:
phillyn wrote:
RME Support wrote:

Can I find this in the Device manager?

phillyn wrote:
waedi wrote:
phillyn wrote:

Can I find this in the Device manager?

No. On the bottom right, "Windows Notification area", where the smaller icons reside.
There is one icon for the MADIface driver settings.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

No. On the bottom right, "Windows Notification area", where the smaller icons reside.
There is one icon for the MADIface driver settings.

Thx! Found it and got it working. The UFX+ now showes upp in Device manager as
USB 3 device.
When setting the Speaker in the WDM settings I ticked all analog and in WDM i ticked
all analog + all ADAT. Its working now with adat connected to a Audient Asp 880. I can see
the Adat 1 blinking on the front panel. Is it suppose to blink when its working? Cant find
info on this in the manuel.
Also in the Madiface settings app in the "About" space i found that "Enable MMCSS For ASIO"
Was ticked. What does this setting mean and do?

Thankful for all help I can get

This thread is 100% unnecessary as everything is in the manual. Including your last question.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Multimedia Class Scheduler Service (MMCSS) is a Windows service that allows multimedia applications to get prioritized access to CPU for time-sensitive processing (such as multimedia applications) as well as prioritized disc access to ensure that the process is not starved of data to process. The MMCSS service monitors the CPU load and dynamically adjusts priority so that the application can use as much CPU time as possible without denying CPU to lower priority applications. MMCSS uses heurist MM...

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

It is best to only create WDM devices for I/O ports that are required under Windows. This is only for the operating system and applications that do not support ASIO.
So usually only for the monitor outputs or sometimes microphone and headphones when using conference software, if you are not using a Bluetooth headset.
The WDM device then immediately creates an entry in the Windows sound settings. If you set it up as a speaker device, the device is also called "Speaker Device" in the Windows sound settings so that you can find it more quickly.

There used to be performance problems with old computers, if you activated too many WDM devices, booting took longer or even hung up. AFAIK this is no longer the case nowadays, but it simply doesn't make sense to create so many WDM devices.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

phillyn wrote:

Also, in the MADIface settings app in the "About" space, I found that "Enable MMCSS For ASIO" was ticked.
What does this setting mean and do?

See manual 7.1 and https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 98#p136398 for a little background.

14 (edited by phillyn 2023-11-16 22:09:18)

MC wrote:

This thread is 100% unnecessary as everything is in the manual. Including your last question.

Woops! I didn´t know you´re only suppose to ask questions about stuff that´s not i the manual

Thanks "ramses" and "waedi" for all you help