Topic: UCX USB Drivers Mac M1 - Firmware v49 Driver: v4.08 constant dropouts

I have sever constant dropouts in Mac M1 running v49 Firmware with v4.08 driver. I'm hoping someone can steer me to how I can completely ensure the remove the previous version of the drivers that were required to update the firmware.

I have a Mac Pro M1 for work, and a Mac Pro Max M1 for personal use running the same OS Ventura 13.2.1. The documentation says that this is unnecessary to remove the old drivers but since there are no other options than upgrading to Sonoma which I can't do on my work laptop due to other dependencies with the software we use.

The UCX works reasonably well on the Max, it drops out but maybe every 5 minutes or so. I can live with that, but on my work laptop it drops out at least every 15 seconds, and often it sounds like an electric shock through the speakers in a burst.

Everything is the same, the laptops are hot swapped sharing the same peripherals through a usb hub, playing through the same speakers with the same cables.

I've downloaded and re-installed the drivers probably 10 times in the last 2 weeks as it seems when they are installed it's not as bad, maybe it drops out every 30 seconds.

The only difference between the two is that I originally installed the old drivers on my work laptop to allow updating the firmware. Unfortunately, I spend most of my time on my work laptop so I need to fix the dropouts.

I know the advice is to use FireWire, but unfortunately I bought my interface used with a broken FireWire port so unfortunately that's not possible either.

Happy to share any error logs if you can help me find them, or provide further information.

Thanks for any help!

Re: UCX USB Drivers Mac M1 - Firmware v49 Driver: v4.08 constant dropouts

I was able to find these two files using the terminal using this command

sudo find /Library -path /Library/Caches -prune -o -name '*rme*' -print

• /Library/SystemExtensions/7E305D98-D12F-41B6-8FF6-A343185971B1/de.rme-audio.dkusb.dext

• /Library/SystemExtensions/7E305D98-D12F-41B6-8FF6-A343185971B1/de.rme-audio.dkusb.dext/de.rme-audio.dkusb

Can I safely delete these and re-install the drivers?

yes

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

yes

Thanks for confirming waedi. One other thing if you wouldn't mind. If I re-install the firmware and select Flash All it should completely reset any settings on the device right? That should rule out the hardware as the source of the problem.