Topic: TotalMix for ADI2 Pro FS-R BE?

In all the publicity shots for the ADI-2 Remote spftware, there is TotalMix in the background. Is this a publicity error, or is TM now available for these interfaces?

ProTools 11.2.2HD on Windows & Mac, FireFace802 & ARC, Artist Control, Genelec Monitoring.

2 (edited by ramses 2023-11-17 10:34:07)

Re: TotalMix for ADI2 Pro FS-R BE?

8dB.co.uk wrote:

In all the publicity shots for the ADI-2 Remote spftware, there is TotalMix in the background. Is this a publicity error, or is TM now available for these interfaces?

No, TotalMix FX is still only available for recording interfaces, not for the reference converter.

Regarding the pictures I can only guess .. It's just optics / cosmetics to make the picture look better. Other software solutions from RME in the background and the new product in the foreground.

Other companies, not only in the recording area, do the same. You probably didn't notice it there, only here, because TotalMix fX for ADI-2 * is an issue for you.

The product images also show mixing consoles and other studio gear, which logically are not included with the purchase of the hardware/software. Ok, maybe this is clearer wink

From the product description of the devices (ADI-2 Series of devices) on the web server / in the manuals and the description of the ADI-2 Remote Software it is clearly recognizable that this is a remote control software especially for the ADI-2 series of products, not more.

TotalMix FX is reserved for RME products that are designed as recording interfaces. RME has repeatedly pointed out that TotalMix FX will not be available for the ADI-2 DAC/Pro and comparable products.

EDIT: my opinion on this as customer with design and  development background in the IT:

I also understand that the devices are already extremely complex, so everything would probably have to be changed, an insane amount of work. And TotalMix FX would also have to be further adapted so that at least some functions of the ADI-2 * could also be controlled via TM FX.
A huge effort that would entail higher development and testing costs, which would certainly be reflected in the price.

A modular concept consisting of a recording interface and a digitally connected reference converter is better.
Less complexity and more affordable price.
Then you can also better scale the required port capacity (type and amount of analog and digital ports) that you additionally need by simply choosing the best fitting recording interface (price and feature-wise).

Example, my blog article: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … our-Setup/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: TotalMix for ADI2 Pro FS-R BE?

I don't have any *issue* with TotalMix not being available, was just a little confused by the publicity. The ADI-2 Remote app is excellent.

ProTools 11.2.2HD on Windows & Mac, FireFace802 & ARC, Artist Control, Genelec Monitoring.