Topic: Two inputs died on Fireface 802 and yellow LEDs

So I had a really interesting session this afternoon....I've got an RME 802 (AN1 - 12) and an Audient ASP 800 (Adat 1 - 8)

I have some external preamps going into AN3 and AN4 on the 802. After about 40 minutes, I stopped seeing signal in my DAW and the mics were no longer recording. I moved the preamps to AN7 and AN8 and finished the session.

Once I saw this, I noticed that the "Signal" and "48v/inst" LEDS for Mic 9 - 12 were all lit yellow. Which was weird, because they had DIs and other mics connected that were not using phantom power.  I rebooted the unit, and it came back the same, but seemed to function, minus AN3 and AN4...and Adat 7 and Adat 8. Also during the session, I noticed that I would see signal from ADAT 7 and ADAT 8 in total Mix, but the tracks that they were mapped to in Reaper never saw signal and didn't record anything. 

After the session, I tested a mic and external preamp into AN1 - AN8, and AN3 and AN4 do not see any signal.

I sent an email to support as well, as I posted previously about how my output 1/2 seemed to die. I use 7/8 now, but I think something is wrong with this unit...I guess my question is does the all yellow LEDs mean anything?

Cheers!