Topic: Corrupted Display.

I have been having some problems with the ADI 2 DAC FS for some time. The first problem was caused by the corrupted sound. When I contacted the service support, they recommended to change USB cable and for a while it was working good. Then the display went wrong. It was displaying only fractions of the informations. Sometimes it was without problem, sometimes totally corrupted. The last two months the display is full of colourful noise. I tried changing various USB cables, even premium ones. Without any change. Drivers are up to date, firmware as well. The sound is good, but display is still corrupted. Do you have any idea what is the cause of the problem?

2 (edited by KaiS 2023-11-20 22:00:23)

Re: Corrupted Display.

pacekm wrote:

Do you have any idea what is the cause of the problem?

Try a full factory reset, just to be sure, but:
99.99 % probability the unit is broken.
Take advantage of RME’s good service.

Reset:
While powering up, push and hold the VOL button (NOT the VOLUME dial) and Encoder 1, until you see the message: “Reset done“.
User Setups and EQ Presets are not deleted.

Or a full factory reset:
While powering up, push and hold the VOL button (NOT the VOLUME dial) and Encoder 1 and Encoder 2, until you see the message: “Reset done“.
All user Setups and EQ Presets are deleted.
Take notes before, or store them through the Remote App, if you want to keep some.

Thanks for a reply. I tried both, reset and full factory reset as well. It does not work. I will have to contact RME. Anyway, right after the reset, the display went from colour noise to totally black one.

4 (edited by KaiS 2023-11-25 19:22:20)

pacekm wrote:

… right after the reset, the display went from colour noise to totally black one.

Time to send it in.

Probably it can still be used with the RME Remote App – not meant as a solution, but just for the moment.

Well, I contacted official support in Slovakia (based on the list shown on the official RME web site), but their email address is not valid. Subsequently, I contacted RME support and I am still waiting for a reply. Hope they will give me some reply.

Website has been updated with these data:

DELTA SOUND S.R.O.
Nemocničná 14
Veľký Krtíš

+421650105106
info@deltasound.sk
www.rme-audio.sk

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the information regarding service. I will try to contact them. However, right now, the display is working again. Yesterday, it was for the first time after couple months when display was working without any issues. But only for an hour or so ... Today it is working great so far ... This is total mystery to me. So it seems than unit itself is OK. Is it possible, that this issue is somehow connected to the system and MB USB ports, or some latency issues as well?

You can see how the display looks in corrupted mode here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … drive_link