Topic: Window size issue MacBook Pro 16" (2021)

Brand new to the RME ecosystem (happy to finally be here) and having an issue with TotalMix FX on my built-in laptop screen. I have no issues re-sizing the window on my external monitors, but on the laptop's own screen the vertical height is maxed out such that a small bit of the bottom is cut off... and there seems to be no way to adjust its size.

The only solutions apparent to me are:
a) Entering Full screen for the app.
b) Selecting menu option "Window" -> "70%" - which makes the window fit on the monitor, but makes all the controls illegibily tiny.

The computer is a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max.

This is by no means an urgent or deal breaking problem, but hoping for a solution at some point down the line. In the meantime, thank you for making such great products!

2 (edited by waedi 2023-11-22 19:33:37)

Re: Window size issue MacBook Pro 16" (2021)

This reminds me to a similar problem I had long ago.
Check your Totalmix version, it should be 1.86
You can download the new version separat and replace the old.
From here : https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 59#p210659

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

If you want to zoom in then you need to use the 2 Row mode (upper right) for more vertical space.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by zachvalenti 2023-11-23 04:04:03)

Thanks all for the speedy replies here!

waedi wrote:

This reminds me to a similar problem I had long ago.
Check your Totalmix version, it should be 1.86

@waedi this was a great idea! Unfortunately, it didn't help. 1.86 is still slightly too large in the vertical size for the 16" screen.

MC wrote:

If you want to zoom in then you need to use the 2 Row mode (upper right) for more vertical space.

@MC "2 Rows" definitely makes it work on the 16" display. Is there any hope the default view will fit at 100% in the future? Visually, I find the separation of physical inputs and software playback more helpful. Certainly a limitation I can live with.

Come to think of it, as far as feature requests go, I'd much rather be able to "Split View" TotalMix FX in Full Screen on Mac OS sooner than get the three-row mixer view fitting perfectly outside of Full Screen mode. Does that make sense? DigiCheck NG is already capable of "Split View" when in Full Screen and I'd be stoked to have them permanently up together in a single Full Screen desktop.

Perhaps unrelated, but since the last update I have a different graphic issue:

I usually have TotalMix full screen as a separate workspace (MacOS) so I can just four-finger swipe between it and whatever else I have going on the desktop or other spaces. Lately, after waking from sleep the TotalMix window has come out of fullscreen mode and is just another window on the desktop.

Not a big deal, just maximize it again, but it didn’t use to do this. What changed?

Thanks!

UCXII | ARC | MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7

@zephonic

Lately, after waking from sleep the TotalMix window has come out of fullscreen mode and is just another window on the desktop.

What do you mean with last update? Macos? Which version? Which Mac? External Monitor? How is it connected?

- In my case, TM stays in fullscreen on a seperate MacOs Workspace (latest Sonoma on external Monitor). Not just after waking up from sleep - even after a cold Power Off/On of my Mac.

@zachvalenti

Come to think of it, as far as feature requests go, I'd much rather be able to "Split View" TotalMix FX in Full Screen on Mac OS sooner than get the three-row mixer view fitting perfectly outside of Full Screen mode. Does that make sense? DigiCheck NG is already capable of "Split View" when in Full Screen and I'd be stoked to have them permanently up together in a single Full Screen desktop.

Did you try to play around with custom resolutions in the OSx Display Options? Afaik your mac should have 3456 x 2234 resolution... without the notch its 3456х 2160 -> the normal 16:10 aspect ratio. You should be able to adjust these in the Macos settings...

There is also a very good tool, which lets you to do almost everything related to Displays on OSX (Dummy displays, PIP, etc).
https://github.com/waydabber/BetterDisplay

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

maggie33 wrote:

@zephonic

Lately, after waking from sleep the TotalMix window has come out of fullscreen mode and is just another window on the desktop.

What do you mean with last update? Macos? Which version? Which Mac? External Monitor? How is it connected?

- In my case, TM stays in fullscreen on a seperate MacOs Workspace (latest Sonoma on external Monitor). Not just after waking up from sleep - even after a cold Power Off/On of my Mac.

Monterey 12.7, 16” MBP M1Max in clamshell mode, external LG 4K display connected via Sonnettech Echo 20 dock.

UCXII | ARC | MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7

Ouh lot of possible factors...

I have 4 ideas you could try:

1) Tried to disable all the energy saving stuff (deep sleep mode, Smart Energy Saving, etc) in your LG Monitor?
2) Tried to connect the monitor directly to your MBP without the dock? (via TB or USB-C?)
3) Latest TMFX?
4) Maybe a Upgrade to sonoma possible?

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard