1 (edited by Canary 2023-11-23 20:33:29)

Topic: RME Aio Pro. How to MIDI loopback and/or simple virtual send to port?

I've tried a lot of combinations in settings and preferences all over TotalMix and Asio DSP to make MIDI work the way I'd like it to. I simply want to send my midi signal from standalone violin(no PT version) program that records and plays back  midi at the same time to pro tools where i have celo plugin. I'm just tired of constantly saving midi and exporting it to protools so that i can listen to both sounds simultaneously. Violin is connected via USB and has its own input within, below I can select output AIO MIDI and in PT I see Input AIO MIDI(1-16). After many combinations nothing worked that way.
I can't find anything related to MIDI IN and/or OUT in TotalMIX submix/freemix/matrix windows. Is there anything like a fader and/or send to in/or software fader in the TotalMix mixing window? Or maybe, it has to do something with MIDI clock in Asio DSP or other submenus somewhere?

P.S.: When I installed loopMIDI, it did have a somewhat desired result. But it's not the same as I want to do just with RME "routing". Or a MIDI loopback, is that what You guys call it ?

Re: RME Aio Pro. How to MIDI loopback and/or simple virtual send to port?

Midi is not part of Totalmix, Totalmix is audio monitoring software.
The Midi signal is on a Midi channel 1 to 16, every Software with selected Midi-channel does receive this signal.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue