Topic: HDSPe MADI FX Firmware update

I've got an HDSPe MADI FX card hooked up to my Mac mini (through a sonnet echo thunderbolt). Ventura operating system. I've installed the driver, removed and reinstalled countless times but Totalmix doesn't see it. When I try to update the firmware the software icon pops up for a split second then immediately closes. It's maddening and I can't seem to find any help. Does anybody have any idea what I should do?

2 (edited by waedi 2023-12-02 23:49:06)

Re: HDSPe MADI FX Firmware update

Mac and Windows computers can do the firmware update.
If you can't find a computer with PCIe slots you may ask the RME Service partner near you for doing the update on your card.
If the card really needs that.
Is the Sonnet box recognized by the computer ?
Is it appearing in the system report ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

The Sonnet box is recognized by the computer and shows up in the system report. I cannot verify whether or not the card needs the firmware update because the firmware update software will not open at all. The icon simply arrives on the dock, then immediately closes out. Totalmix DOES open, but does not recognize the presence of the HDSPe MADI FX card.

Sure the contacts of the card are clean ?
A pencil rubber can help

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

What are we talking about here at all? Which driver? If the card has not been updated for at least 6 months and you used the latest DriverKit driver then nothing will work unless the firmware is updated.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I am having very similar issues.

Im running Mac OS 12.5.1 on an M1 MAX Macbook pro. Have a new HDSPe MADI FX in a Sonnet Echo Express SE 1. Sonnet is recognised by computer (under system report / Thunderbolt ) .

Firmware updater fails to run and just exits immediately as initially reported here. Also tried on another M1 mb pro ( 12.6 ) and had the same issue.

I put the card in a windows 10 machine and successfully ran the firmware update. Tool now reports Firmware 220 Driverkit Comp / DSP 31.

I then plugged back into the Mac(s) and installed HDSPe DriverKit Driver (v 1.12) and neither machine recognises the card.TotalMix sees no hardware and no config window pops up when connected. Sonnet is listed in system report (thunderbolt) but nothing under PCI.

Only other thing is a green LED marked 'D3' is constantly flashing in Sonnet when connected. I can't find any documentation on what this means however (if anything).

Any help greatly appreciated!