Topic: Crackling noise and dropouts with Fireface UC on multiple Macbook

Hi,

I tried 2 Macbook M1s(Ventura) and one Macbook 13 2012(Mojave).
They all have weird Crackling noises and audio dropouts with Ableton and logic when playing music. Sometimes when I open a new plugin or open up a website it gets worse for a moment. I read through a lot of threads that had similar problems and came to the conclusion that after many years my Fireface UC might be faulty.
Then I tried a windows laptop and suddenly the Fireface worked normally. So now I don't have any idea what the problem is.
The Projects were really CPU friendly(10-14%).
I connected the Fireface through a hub, an USB adapter and in the case of the 2012 Macbook directly. I have changed cables and unplugged every synth that was connected to the Interface.
The firmware is v127 and the driver v4.09
Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Re: Crackling noise and dropouts with Fireface UC on multiple Macbook

You are not alone, as you have discovered already by reading, the process is ongoing.
At moment one possible solution is to choose the older driver 328 kernel extension driver.
The readme of the 409 explains how to delete it.
Then install the 328 by carefully follow all steps in the readme.
Your interface will work proper.
Also watch this video : https://youtu.be/Ilkwtb2MKrM

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: Crackling noise and dropouts with Fireface UC on multiple Macbook

at the end of the readme :
To go back to 3.2x: easiest method is to drag the Fireface USB Settings app found in the folder Applications to the trash can - only use the Finder for this action. With DriverKit this Settings dialog is a complete package, upon removal all driver files belonging to it will also be removed automatically. You will be asked for permission for the removal of the extensions (yes). If done simply reinstall the former 3.2x.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue