Topic: AVBTool to follow worldclock

How do you the device to follow the worldclock. (Or madi och avb).
I change the speed with project. (cubase) with a madifx. It as fiber madi and wordclock to the avbtool.
I set the device to use worldclock as master. But I still need to set the right speed in the web controller.
It happy shows the right frequency on the worldclock input, but refuses to follow.

Re: AVBTool to follow worldclock

bace wrote:

How do you the device to follow the worldclock. (Or madi och avb).
I change the speed with project. (cubase) with a madifx. It as fiber madi and wordclock to the avbtool.
I set the device to use worldclock as master. But I still need to set the right speed in the web controller.
It happy shows the right frequency on the worldclock input, but refuses to follow.

Confusing
...use wordclock as master...??
Master = internal clock not external.
Make clock-mode internal in the MadiFx card and set clock-mode external madi in the AVB-tool

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: AVBTool to follow worldclock

MADI devices can change their clock based on the incoming 96k frame and frequency (at least to follow 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, it does not work for 176.4/192 kHz). What you are requesting is that the incoming MADI (or Word Clock) frequency triggers a sampling rate change of the AVB device, but this is not allowed without stopping all streams of the device, because stream formats of talkers AND listeners must be adjusted to match the new frequency. If the AVB Tool would perform this action on its own, then any existing streams could not be restarted without the other devices also changing their sampling rates and stream formats. That's why we are currently requiring to intentionally set a new sampling rate. In future, there might be a simpler mechanism that indeed tells the entire network to adopt a new sampling rate (it is a useful feature in some scenarios)

Max