Topic: Fireface 400 and Sonoma 14.2.1

Hi all

I had been successfully running my Fireface 400 on a Mac Mini M1 in/on Sonoma until the most recent security update. Now I just get the red host light and Fireface Settings won't open..

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance

Martin

Re: Fireface 400 and Sonoma 14.2.1

You may have to perform the driver installation again, following thru all steps by the readme text, hopefully the security question pops up where you have to allow the driver.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thanks I'll give that a try..

Worked like a charm.
Still can't quite believe how much mileage I'm getting out of this now ancient interface.

Thanks for your help smile

Having read this I was a little hesitant to do this update from 14.2 to 14.2.1 with my iMac M1 and my Fireface 800. But everything was flawless and there was no need for a driver reinstallation – interesting.

iMac M1, Fireface 800, Logic Pro X

6 (edited by orbesnet 2023-12-27 14:39:17)

I've got an intel mac mini running 14.2.1 and a fireface 400 that suddenly was unrecognized by my computer after the update.

I tried updating the driver and approved the security message but the device is still not recognized.

Any other suggestions other than updating the driver?

I'd hate to say goodbye to my fireface 400!

UPDATE: Anyone still struggling to get this to work, after installing the latest driver and allowing the security message I wasn't getting anywhere. I power cycled the unit and suddenly we're good.

Is this normal? I need to restart MacBook Pro M3 for the FF400 to boot up? FF400 is recognised but if I stop using it and it is still plugged in with the two dongles I need to restart it.
Thanks for your input

For some reason. The dongles and FF400 are all recognised on the second usb c not the first one. How weird... On the first one I need to restart the machine with the dongles plugged in...