Topic: I'm curious about the application method of Steady Clock fs.

There is a steady clock FS function of ADI 2 PROFS, right? By the way, if UFX+ sets the clock with ADI 2 PROFS as the main, is UFX+ also subject to the steady clock FS?

Ucx II , Adi2/4 Pro Se, Drawmer 1970 , Lct 1040 , WIN11 , Ableton Live 11

Re: I'm curious about the application method of Steady Clock fs.

ruern wrote:

There is a steady clock FS function of ADI 2 PROFS, right? By the way, if UFX+ sets the clock with ADI 2 PROFS as the main, is UFX+ also subject to the steady clock FS?

Steady Clock FS controls the internal clock of ADI-2, that is used for AD and DA conversion, to gain ultimate quality.

Devices connected to ADI-2’s digital outputs by AES / SPDIF Coax or Optical benefit from the jitter removal too.

Then, assuming that you connect with a device other than FS, can you say that other devices get all the effects of Steady Clock FS even if they are not FS?

Ucx II , Adi2/4 Pro Se, Drawmer 1970 , Lct 1040 , WIN11 , Ableton Live 11

4 (edited by KaiS 2023-12-24 10:38:54)

ruern wrote:

Then, assuming that you connect with a device other than FS, can you say that other devices get all the effects of Steady Clock FS even if they are not FS?

Definitively not all.

Any device works within it’s built in capabilities.
Feeding a lower jitter digital signal can improve it up to this certain point, not beyond.

There’s even a limitation of how precise a digital clock can be transferred over a distance through a digital interconnect.

RME converters from early on had very good clocking and re-clocking.
Steady Clock FS is the current culmination of this development, but older devices already are extremely good.