1 (edited by svanos49 2023-12-23 17:32:50)

Topic: What is an ADi-2 Pro Anniversary worth?

I just learned about RME's.  Is the ADi-2 just a DAC?  No streamer built in?  What is top dollar for a used (perfect condition) ADi-2 Pro Anniversary?   I currently have a Denafrips Aries.

Re: What is an ADi-2 Pro Anniversary worth?

Is $1100 too much?

svanos49 wrote:

Is $1100 too much?

Is it still covered by warranty ?
Otherwise I would say 700.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

svanos49 wrote:

What is an ADi-2 Pro Anniversary worth?

Every Penny smile

Seriously, it’s a great piece of hardware.

Look at auctions and check the prices, even for expired auctions where it has been sold - that’s the price people value it.

This is the cheapest I could find, at 1000 bucks:
https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/ … nt=desktop

5 (edited by ramses 2023-12-23 18:55:58)

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 06#p165706

The release date of the ADI-2 Pro AE is May 2017.
Same model as ADI-2 Pro, but in black, with transparent top and HiFi feets.

The device can't be older than 6y and due to the long firmware and driver support you have no real disadvantages.
It has an AK4490, no FS-clock, no remote and one DA filter is missing compared to the AK4493 (SD LD), but this is no issue.

If the device is in good condition and has complete accessory, I would calculate with 60% of the street prince.
Approx. €1650 * 0,6 = €1072  … Let's say €1050 this is ~ $1150.
Let's say between 1000-1100, but $700 makes absolutely no sense to me. Some people might even be willed to pay a little more because of the transparent cover. It was a limited run at RME 20th anniversary.

Carefully look at other prices of ADI-2 Pro and ADI-2 Pro AE and consider that the reference converter won't sound any worse compared to an FS model. A couple of years ago, the opinion in our forum was that there were no sound difference, only measurable better results. So it is still a completely "valid" device.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

It went for $1050 to a seller from Brazil.  Looked really nice.  It wasn't a 2/4 was it?  I really don't need the 4 channel.  Ok, I'm back to looking, but I'm about to make a streamer from a Raspbery Pi 4 and a Pi2AES HAT.  I have a Geshelli J2 and a Denafrips Area, plus I have a FiiO M11 Pro Lmtd that has a nice AKM dac in it.  I'm not looking for that last 3-5% as I'm retired.  I wouldn't mind a nice streamer though, but I don't want DAC built into it unless I can bypass it and make my own choice.