1 (edited by ruern 2024-01-04 13:08:10)

Topic: Quality Inquiries about closing issue of ADI-2/4 PRO SE model

I'm constantly talking to Soundcat because there's a problem with the front of the unit. First of all, there was dust on the front of the unit, so I got a refund and bought a new product, but this product is also
There is a problem with the front screen
I left a video, but I received a call that it was not accurately confirmed, so I sent an additional photo and the product itself. To be honest, I'm buying a new product because I don't want to have this kind of finishing quality problem, but I'm upset that it often occurs.

I checked and took a picture of the first product I bought as soon as I opened it, but it was full of dust that couldn't be removed from the screen, so I packed it and prepared to send after-sales service right away. The deadline was not good, so I asked for an exchange or a refund. There was a public holiday in Korea, so I thought the refund would be more flexible during the AS period or other problems, so I got a refund, and I needed the same product, so I bought the same product again. I put a picture at the bottom.

https://i.postimg.cc/y8fHqcm4/20231230-201423.jpg

The picture below is my second repurchase, and if you look at the red line, the liquid crystal is reflected and you can't see well, but there are parts that look different in color,
There is glue or crack on the screen, so it is very noticeable with the naked eye. I heard that this part is difficult to exchange because it is ambiguous to see in the picture.

https://i.postimg.cc/HnpfnbzC/image.png

Can you help me if you're watching? I'd like to get an exchange. I'm not lucky, so I think I'm just getting these products. RME is the only product that gives me the sound I want, so I'm really happy with it in terms of sound. I hope this doesn't happen. Thank you for always making good products.

Ucx II , Adi2/4 Pro Se, Drawmer 1970 , Lct 1040 , WIN11 , Ableton Live 11

2 (edited by ramses 2024-01-04 13:30:29)

Re: Quality Inquiries about closing issue of ADI-2/4 PRO SE model

Looks like there is still a plastic protective film on the display. They fit very snugly. You would have to carefully try to remove it with your thumbnail on the edge. A fingernail is not sharp and robust enough to break something.
I had the same problem with a smartphone that looked so good that I didn't even notice that the protective film was still on it. Then suddenly there was a scratch on it. Of course, protective films can't withstand much. I was so glad that someone in the department store who sold protective films for smartphones knew about it, nibbled it off and now everything is as good as new. Try it carefully.

It is best to nibble it off at one corner and once you have a millimeter in your fingers, you can carefully peel off the rest in one piece

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by ruern 2024-01-04 15:08:21)

ramses wrote:

Looks like there is still a plastic protective film on the display. They fit very snugly. You would have to carefully try to remove it with your thumbnail on the edge. A fingernail is not sharp and robust enough to break something.
I had the same problem with a smartphone that looked so good that I didn't even notice that the protective film was still on it. Then suddenly there was a scratch on it. Of course, protective films can't withstand much. I was so glad that someone in the department store who sold protective films for smartphones knew about it, nibbled it off and now everything is as good as new. Try it carefully.

It is best to nibble it off at one corner and once you have a millimeter in your fingers, you can carefully peel off the rest in one piece

Oh, have you already used it after purchasing it? There was no film in the case of adi2 pro r be. I tried to induce it to fall off if I put something on the end with a strong adhesive tape, but nothing fell off. I don't think there is a film.

And I remember previously the importer and rme said that the film in the Adi Black series is removed during the production process. I think there was a record in the forum.

ruern wrote:
ramses wrote:

Oh, have you already used it after purchasing it? There was no film in the case of adi2 pro r be. I tried to induce it to fall off if I put something on the end with a strong adhesive tape, but nothing fell off. I don't think there is a film.

And I remember previously the importer and rme said that the film in the Adi Black series is removed during the production process. I think there was a record in the forum.

Could be, only wanted to be supportive .. long ago that I got my ADI-2 Pro FS R BE.
I think on my UFX III there was such a protective cover .. but I do also in this case not remember 100% ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by ruern 2024-01-04 15:26:02)

ramses wrote:
ruern wrote:
ramses wrote:

Could be, only wanted to be supportive .. long ago that I got my ADI-2 Pro FS R BE.
I think on my UFX III there was such a protective cover .. but I do also in this case not remember 100% ...

That's right. ucx2 also has protective film, but when I searched for adi dac in the Adi series black version on the forum, I think it's right that there's no film. Based on the comments @MC posted

First of all, I think it will be exchanged. Thank you for your concern. However, I really hope there will be no problem with the new product...

Well, I do not know, but the photo looks like there is protective foil on the front panel.... Even FF 802 that has no display has protective foil on it....

But, if the shop will replace it by another one, no problem....

ruern wrote:

That's right. ucx2 also has protective film, but when I searched for adi dac in the Adi series black version on the forum, I think it's right that there's no film

This might be explained by the fact that the UCX II and the ADI-2 lineup are manufactured by different companies.

9 (edited by KaiS 2024-01-06 08:57:11)

Kubrak wrote:

Well, I do not know, but the photo looks like there is protective foil on the front panel....

Photo‘s can be misleading, but I had the exact same feel looking at it - there is foil stuck on the display.
It has the typical matte look.

Like @Ramses I‘d suggest to thoroughly check for a possible foil with a fingernail at a corner.

Else it could easily happen to run in circles of buying and sending back perfectly OK units, if on a whole batch of ADI-2’s the foil wasn’t removed during production.