Topic: 12Mic-D asynchronous operation

Hello everyone.

I don't really understand the possibilities of asynchronous operation.

Is it possible to send 16 tracks to DANTE primary at 96kHz, and these same 16 tracks to:

DANTE secondary in 48kHz?
Or :
2 ADAT out in 48kHz?

Thank you for your help.

Re: 12Mic-D asynchronous operation

My latest knowledge is that you can only have one clock master in an audio setup (whether with LAN (Dante, AVB) or not).

All other devices must be configured as clock slaves.

With the usual connections ADAT/SPDIF, AES, MADI (or with WC), clock slaves can automatically learn the clock (in-band) transmitted in the data stream, whereas with AVB and Dante you have to reconfigure the sample rate (manually) for each stream. As far as I know, there are no automatic mechanisms yet and I read about that in the forum a few weeks ago.

If you want to bring a 2nd sample rate into play, then an SRC (sample rate converter) is required.

The only current RME products with SRC support are ADI-2 Pro *, ADI-2/4 Pro SE, Digiface AES.
Where I remember that in one of the last threads I read information that sample rate conversion with the ADI-2* devices are only possible into one direction. Maybe the same for Digiface AES. You need to check the manual, I have no time now.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you for these explanations, it's already very good, I will consult the RME manuals of the devices that you indicate to me.
Best regard

If you want, post/detail your setup/demand. Posting a drawing would be useful.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13