Topic: Integrating without Totalmix

I have a Hammerfall Multiface II and a Babyface and I am thinking of adding an ADI-2/4 but I am concerned about the lack of Totalmix. I have the Multiface on a computer that runs a convolver for my crossovers (Acourate Convolver).

I tried plugging in the Babyface to the computer with the Multiface and it works fine I can have 2 Totalmix windows and route thing fine. I want to add the ADi-2/4 to the computer with the Multiface and I assume that it will work since the Babyface did.- The convolver is stand alone and it has an ASIO selection window for output-

I am assuming I can just select the 4 channels for my output also if I need to add channels I can output adat into the ADI-2/4 and out to the Multiface as needed - Also I am assuming I can take ADAT Input from the Babyface

I am just concerned that I will get into routing difficulties wiith the differnt modes on the ADI-2/4.

Has anyone run into problems with routing and being restricted from what seems like a lack of flexibility to me?

2 (edited by KaiS 2024-01-16 20:31:08)

Re: Integrating without Totalmix

In ADI-2/4 Pro SE’s AD-DA Converter Mode (manual page 41) it‘s possible to address all 4 DA output channels from the digital inputs separately.

ADAT Optical for the 1st stereo DA pair, and AES for the 2nd.

From Multiface II SPDIF Coax you need an RCA to XLR-male adapter cable to connect to ADI-2/4’s AES.

This would integrate ADI-2/4 Pro SE into Multiface II’s TotalMix.