Topic: Totalmix 1.85 (UFX II HW-RevA): no Crossfeed, no RoomEQ

I updated just the flash of my UFX II and the driver (09827) and Totalmix 1.85.

Now in the UFX II manual (v2.0) I see on page 60 there should be a function Crossfeed and a function RoomEQ. These I do not see in my Totalmix 1.85.

My UFX II ist HW-RevA.
Current USB:23
Current CC: 12
DSP Firmware: 14

What may be the cause?
May it be due to the fact that I have an old HW-Revision which cannot run Crossfeed, RoomEQ?

best regards

Peter

Re: Totalmix 1.85 (UFX II HW-RevA): no Crossfeed, no RoomEQ

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38691

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

I could update the firmware to: UFX II (HW-Rev.A): USB=26, CC=15, DSP=23
an Totalmix to: 1.93

But it worked only with Driver:  0.9827

With Driver: 0.9831 there was no cvvonnection to the UFX II

I tried several times.
Reinstalling Driver 0.9827 it worked
Then reinstalling driver 0.9831 it did not work.

Operating system is Win7 Pro

What may be the problem?

Best regards

Peter

pschelbert wrote:

With Driver: 0.9831 there was no connection to the UFX II

This is too unspecific. Driver installation went through? Reboot? Settings dialog can open? UFX II shows up in Device Manager? If Settings dialog opens set WDM Devices to x and check that these show up in Sound. Etc.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by pschelbert 2024-01-17 09:18:48)

MC wrote:
pschelbert wrote:

With Driver: 0.9831 there was no connection to the UFX II

This is too unspecific. Driver installation went through? Reboot? Settings dialog can open? UFX II shows up in Device Manager? If Settings dialog opens set WDM Devices to x and check that these show up in Sound. Etc.

Driver installation went through? Yes, with no error as usual

Reboot? Yes, asked to reboot. I have done this. No error after reboot. The application "acourateconvolver" is configured to load and connect to UFX II in the autostart Win7. This did not work. Thats how I first recognized the problem.

Settings dialog can open? No, neither Madiface series Settings nor Totalmix opens

UFX II shows up in Device Manager? Do not know, must retest. Can do it.

Peter

6 (edited by pschelbert 2024-01-17 14:22:00)

I reinstalled the driver 0.9831 and:

Driver installation went through? Yes, with no error as usual

Reboot? Yes, asked to reboot. I have done this. No error after reboot. The application "acourateconvolver" is configured to load and connect to UFX II in the autostart Win7. This did not work. Thats how I first recognized the problem.

Settings dialog can open? No, neither Madiface series Settings nor Totalmix opens

UFX II shows up in Device Manager? Yes but with a warning symbol (yellow triangle).

Under general: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Under Driver is see: 0.9.831.0 RME GmbH

Peter:
obviously the driver is installed but not loaded by Win7 due to the above error message.
How to fix?

Short fix at the moment is to go back to driver 0.9827. Looks to work with latest FW update (flash) and Totalmix 1.93.

Best regards

Peter

Yes, that is a valid workaround. I try to find out if the new driver is no longer working under W7, this mght happen anytime due to expired certificates, which we have no influence on...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by pschelbert 2024-01-18 09:02:31)

Is there a way to circumvent the check of Win7 of the certificate?

For UFX II does the driver 0.9831 add any features? I found in the release notes only one feature, this: V 0.9831 (01/08/2024)
- Settings dialog supports independent use of AES, ADAT1 and ADAT2 as 3-way AES/SPDIF I/O for UFX II and UFX+. Requires firmware update.

Lets see what you can dor. Thanks

P.S.: Operating System is: Win7 Pro 64BIT, Service Pack1

Peter

AFAIR (Google it) one can disable the driver check on boot, but have to do it every time again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

okay thanks will check.

I have another machine with Win8.1 Pro.
The driver 0.9831 works with Win8.1 Pro