Topic: ADI 2/4 Pro and IEMs

What is the best way to connect 3.5mm IEMs to the unit?

It seems I will need an adapter anyway... so, which adapter = which socket should I use?

2 (edited by neotinto 2024-01-17 07:44:59)

Re: ADI 2/4 Pro and IEMs

waedi wrote:

One IEM without adapter directly into the small socket between the two big sockets.

To be sure: my IEMs are 3.5mm, and NOT Pentaconn.
Will the middle socket (which ADI 2/4 Pro manual says is Pentaconn) -- accept the 3.5mm jack?

(it would be great if it did! double checking here before I make any purchases... or worse yet, before I FORCE the 3.5mm jack into ADI 2/4 Pro's Pentaconn socket)

3 (edited by KaiS 2024-01-17 09:47:23)

Clearing up some things:

Pentaconn is TRRRS 4.4 mm and will NOT directly accept anything else, like TRS 3.5 mm or TRS 6.35 mm.

ADI-2/4 Pro SE‘s smaller central connector is Pentaconn, and is balanced out.
It uses the headphone amps from both PH 1/2 and 3/4 and a switch logic combines/connects them to DSP/DA channel 3/4 when plugged.

This doubles the Voltage available, which you do NOT want with a sensitivity IEM.

• Use a normal TRS 6.35 mm to TRS 3.5 mm adapter on either PH 1/2 or PH 3/4, and set:

• I/O / Phones Out #/# / Settings / Auto Ref Level: OFF
• I/O / Phones Out #/# / Settings / Ref Level: IEM

SUPER clear, thank you!

Let this post persist here, for anyone with similar questions in the future.

KaiS wrote:

Clearing up some things:

Pentaconn is TRRRS 4.4 mm and will NOT directly accept anything else, like TRS 3.5 mm or TRS 6.35 mm.

ADI-2/4 Pro SE‘s smaller central connector is Pentaconn, and is balanced out.
It uses the headphone amps from both PH 1/2 and 3/4 and a switch logic combines/connects them to DSP/DA channel 3/4.

This doubles the Voltage available, which you do NOT want with a sensitivity IEM.

• Use a normal TRS 6.35 mm to TRS 3.5 mm adapter on either PH 1/2 or PH 3/4, and set:

• I/O / Phones Out #/# / Settings / Auto Ref Level: OFF
• I/O / Phones Out #/# / Settings / Ref Level: IEM