1 (edited by Spawn-X 2024-01-20 12:42:14)

Topic: [Solved] BabyFace no longer appears...

Hello everyone,

I've just updated the driver and firmware of my old blue BabyFace which was working fine until now on my old laptop in Windows 10.
But this morning, the interface no longer appears in my peripherals. I tried rebooting the computer, disconnecting and reconnecting the interface, but it still doesn't appear anywhere in Windows or Cubase.
This is the first time this has happened to me in almost 15 years of use.
Do you know of this kind of problem after an update?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 (edited by waedi 2024-01-18 15:31:48)

Re: [Solved] BabyFace no longer appears...

May be it has flipped to CC-mode by mistake ?
Press and hold the two buttons SELECT and RECALL during power-up will flip the mode between normal-mode and Cc-mode.
Or simply the cable is broke.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

May be it has flipped to CC-mode by mistake ?
Press and hold the two buttons SELECT and RECALL during power-up will flip the mode between normal-mode and Cc-mode.
Or simply the cable is broke.

The BF is not in CC mode, I've just checked.
The cable is in perfect condition. Nothing has changed in my home studio for over 2 years, and I just updated it as usual.
After another reboot, the interface now appears in the device manager in the "audio controllers" section, but not in the "USB bus controllers" section.
I've just checked under VLC, and I can't find the BF, nor in the Windows audio settings... Same thing with Cubase Pro 12...

Does the Fireface Settings dialog open ? And Totalmix ?

A USB cable can look perfect and be broken.

Total Mix FX and settings open correctly.
A cable doesn't break without any mechanical movement. Everything is fixed and stabilized in cable guides in my studio.

I've just tried to uninstall everything, but an old version of the driver (1.2.12) refuses to be erased. There were 3 different versions in my "Control Panel > Programs and Features". The latest, 1.2.12, and 1.2.46.

OK, I've managed to uninstall 1.2.12. I'll reboot and come back.

OK, the BabyFace is back under Cubase, Live, Reason, as well as the standalone versions of my Toontrack or Steinberg plugins. But it's still invisible in VLC's settings, as well as in general Windows sounds.
Has driver 1.2.49 become incompatible with multimedia uses? That's odd. I used to be able to route absolutely everything via TOTAL MIX FX, but now I can't. It's just not possible anymore.

8 (edited by waedi 2024-01-19 20:06:06)

Check in the Fireface settings dialog the WDM device number, make 1 or more, not zero.

9 (edited by Spawn-X 2024-01-20 12:42:39)

Oh lord! yikes
I've been using an RME for 18 years and it's only today that I'm discovering this function thanks to you!!!!
Pfffff!!! Thanks for your help! Really, we feel like idiots at times like this... lol

Glad you can work