1 (edited by gillisemanuel 2024-01-25 20:11:19)

Topic: Cubase 10 not working with new driver/firmware on Fireface UCX

Hey,

I installed the new v4 Driver and v49 Firmware, and Cubase 10 stopped working. I have been in contact with RME support and they confirmed that Cubase 10 does not work with v4 driver. I successfully downgraded to Driver v3.31, but Cubase 10 is still not working. So is my issue with the v49 Firmware?

Do any of you know a way to get the older Firmware version installed on Fireface UCX? My OS is macOS Sonoma

Greatly appreciate any help!

/Gillis

Re: Cubase 10 not working with new driver/firmware on Fireface UCX

Cubase 10 does not work with v4 driver. Use the v3 kernel driver. Cubase 11 and up do work with v4 driver kit driver.

Regards,
Audio AG Support

Yes I know, I have properly installed the v3 Kernel Driver and Cubase 10 is still not working. I still have Firmwarw v49 , so that I believe is the problem?

So I ask if there is any way to change back to older version of Firmware that is compatible with Cubase 10?

The firmware is not the issue. But you can send an email to support@audioag.com for an older firmware and further support.

Regards,
Audio AG Support

As per my email, also check if the audio configuration in Cubase can be reset. Older firmware won't help.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Correction, Cubase 11/12 apparently only work if you create an aggregate device with the RME driver as the only component.
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=35444

Not sure what might cause the issue with 3.x, though.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME