Topic: Babyface audio interface DIGICHECK pre-fader signal not working

Hello,

In my studio, I have two Mac workstations equipped with UCX and Babyface audio interfaces. I've successfully configured the DIGICHECK software on my UCX to receive loopback signals from the SPDIF main output, specifically the pre-fader signal. This allows me to adjust my listening volume without affecting the analysis in DIGICHECK. However, I'm experiencing difficulties achieving the same setup on my Babyface workstation.

I've attempted to replicate the same settings and routing on the Babyface, sending my A/N 1-2 (Spotify, YouTube, etc.) and DAW software playback to the SPDIF main output. I've also enabled loopback on the main output in the control room section. In DIGICHECK, I've set the input to receive from SPDIF L & R. This configuration successfully provides the pre-fader analysis on the UCX workstation.

Interestingly, I've even managed to send my 5.1 channel output to DIGICHECK on the UCX, allowing me to control the levels independently without affecting the signal in DIGICHECK. However, on the Babyface, I seem to be missing something since DIGICHECK doesn't receive the pre-fader signal. It's worth noting that post-fader analysis works fine on the Babyface. I also understand that I can designate an unused channel as the loopback channel to send the signal to DIGICHECK, ensuring consistent signal monitoring. smash karts

If anyone has any insights into why DIGICHECK isn't receiving the pre-fader signal on the Babyface machine, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Re: Babyface audio interface DIGICHECK pre-fader signal not working

RME interfaces are divided into pre and post fader loopback functionality. The manuals include a diagram on how it works, but this diagram may be wrong for the BF and/or the UCX. I will check that. Is that an original, blue BF?

Also the newer DigiCheck NG should allow you to read playback signals directly, no Loopback required.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME