Topic: [Solved] Win 11 - Fireface USB settings and Totalmix not in icon tray

I have a situation with my new windows 11 setup.  When I open my system, a new I9 Windows 11 machine, with the new UCX drivers from 2024 (the one that should include totalmix) it appears that nothing appears in windows task bar icon tray.  But.....If I open Studio One, go to the sound card properties and click on the control panel, the standard Fireface USB setting icon appears in the tray.

Now I had to download an old version of Totalmix in order to get my console.  As soon as I launch the totalmix app, the icon is accessible in the tray....

Now when I reboot my PC, nothing appears.  I have to do the same procedure again.

Finally, I went into the taskbar setting and in the icon tray properties and everything is set to on.....icon shouldn't be hidden.

UCX's driver is at the last version 1.249 and firmware is at 49/260/27/14 so the last one as well !

Windows 11 at 23h2 build

Sound works, I haven't tried recording since having that problem.

Thanks for any help

Re: [Solved] Win 11 - Fireface USB settings and Totalmix not in icon tray

as a workaround you could create Alias and place it on the desktop

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

In fact, I have the workaround mentionned previously but...It was nicer when having a standard behaviour  smile

The issue is not with the driver but your Windows. Why did it disable the AutoStart of these two tools? Standard Windows doesn't do that. Check AutoStart of Apps in Task Manager, they are most probably there but deactivated.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by Misterpops 2024-02-05 21:22:13)

Thanks Matthias,

Since I upgraded the system to a totally new board and CPU and have been lazy not to reinstall windows from scratch, i got some zombie entries in the registry.

I uninstalled my new drivers

So I went into HKEY\localmachine\currentcontrolset and deleted everything related to RME or UCX.

I then reinstalled the drivers

Something USB related was stuck or "double associated"

It now works as a charm

Thanks !