Topic: Android app and reordering channels in totalmix

Hi all,

So far i've been enjoying my new UFX III a lot and overall like totalmix a lot. However, there are certain things that are very clunky about the UI. Namely the fact that you can't reorder channels. I have a bunch of different preamps hooked up to my UFX and depending on what I use for each mic, say when miking a drum kit for example, it means my channels will be displaying in a nonsensical order, which makes it cumbersome and slow to work my way around totalmix when monitoring. Worse still, I'm using the totalmix remote app on two old ipad 2's I bought for cheap in my live room and booth for artist monitoring. The app works great for this other than the fact that again you can't reorder channels and it will mean that my drum channels might come up as 'Kick in, rack tom, snare bottom, overheads, kick out' etc depending on what external pres i'm using and that makes it super clunky and confusing for artists to use. It would be nice to present channels in a logical order and also move the players main channels to first position (ie the vocalists tablet has their vocal mix as the first channel.) Why can't we reorder channels? Seems like such an obvious useful feature. Is there an actual technical reason that makes it impossible to implement?

Also, the lack of an android app for totalmix remote is maddening. Like I say I bought two old ipad 2's for dirt cheap from ebay so it was a tiny expense, but when i already have a bunch of android tablets laying around spare it was still frustrating to have to spend more money just to get ipads for the sole purpose of the totalmix app.

Last of all, the ARC USB implementation is a bit disappointing to be completely honest. My use case scenario means I would like to have keys set up on the ARC USB to switch workspaces so I can switch between different channel names depending on what i'm recording, but you can't do this. As well as this only being able to assign dynamics control for the onboard preamps rather than other channels, for example, is a bit limiting. It would be nice to see deeper implementation being offered further down the line.

Don't get me wrong, overall I'm having a great experience - this is the best interface i've ever owned and feels like a lifetime investment, which is fantastic.