Topic: Room EQ with Linkwitz-Riley filters

Hi, is there any chance that the Room EQ inside Totalmix gets a 24db/Octave Linkwitz-Riley High and Low pass filter option for easy integration between speakers and subs?

Thanks

Re: Room EQ with Linkwitz-Riley filters

You can easily do this right now already. High pass and Low pass are 12 dB/oct, so simply acitvate two of them at the same time (band 1 and 3 of the standard PEQ, or band 1 and 8 or 9, or band 8 and 9 of the Room EQ). Set sub and satellite output to the exact same frequency values, one with 2 x high pass and one with 2 x low pass. Use Q 0.7 in all. Finally invert the phase of the satellite output, as otherwise the sum of both will not be linear.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You can easily do this right now already. High pass and Low pass are 12 dB/oct, so simply acitvate two of them at the same time (band 1 and 3 of the standard PEQ, or band 1 and 8 or 9, or band 8 and 9 of the Room EQ). Set sub and satellite output to the exact same frequency values, one with 2 x high pass and one with 2 x low pass. Use Q 0.7 in all. Finally invert the phase of the satellite output, as otherwise the sum of both will not be linear.

Thanks for the answer, I have an Babyface Pro FS right now, I was interested in knowing this before upgrading to UCX II.

After using that configuration how many parametric bands would be left for each channel?  Thanks

You have 3+9, need 2 of them as 24 dB/oct crossover filter, so 10 remain.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You have 3+9, need 2 of them as 24 dB/oct crossover filter, so 10 remain.

Nice, thanks

PD: a feature with just a dropdown menu to select LR 24 would be much easier, just disable another band, but it is nice to know that it can be done

6 (edited by hselters 2024-02-05 16:19:26)

is this generally the way to go for Bass Management? Using two for 24dB/Oct rather than one with 12dB/Oct?

I am currently running my speakers through the Sub which does the Bass Management (but it's limited to 6 satellites...), so I am looking into doing it with Total Mix instead, to include more speakers.

MC wrote:

Finally invert the phase of the satellite output, as otherwise the sum of both will not be linear.

Could you elaborate why?
And is this something to do additionally to setting the phase switch on the sub and the delay in room eq?