1 (edited by mrpiano 2024-02-05 00:36:10)

Topic: Total Mix FX vs. Total Mix Remote Ipad: Differences and an issue?

Hey there!  Just updated all the firmware on my computer (driver and flash updates) and am running the latest version of everything for the UFX+.  I'm late to the party, but somewhere in my travels on the RME website I noticed some apps for the Ipad.  One was free (Total Mix Remote) and I paid 4 bucks for Total Mix FX just to support ya'll :-)

First off, what's the difference between these 2 apps?

The free version hooked right up after I put an IP address in based on a YouTube video I watched.  I navigated to "Host Connection Settings" and everything connected.

The paid version, however, doesn't have this "Host Connection Settings" option and in the top right corner of the Ipad it says "Fireface UFX disconnected."  (strangely, it's leaving the "+" sign off of that message). Free version knows I have a UFX+

When I click on the gear icon and start looking for any menu item that allows me to get this working, I can't find one...I'm sure this is an obvious oversight on my part, but figured I'd start here after several other searches and YouTube videos that failed to turn up the answer. Does the paid version require some type of cable from the ipad to the interface? Free version works over Wifi.

Wifi is same network on both computer and Ipad, FYI.

Re: Total Mix FX vs. Total Mix Remote Ipad: Differences and an issue?

Yes you have to connect the interface to the iPad, the TotalmixFX for ipad is a fully working iOS driver for iPad for connecting the interface.
The remote app is for connecting over Wifi to a computer where Totalmix is running.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Ah, that helps.  I have the RME ARC USB connected to the remote USB slot in the back.  Where does the ipad plugin specifically in the back?  Thank you for the fast replies, by the way. You guys are really on it over there :-)

4 (edited by waedi 2024-02-05 00:54:41)

At the same port where it was connected to the computer.
The iPad is then the computer.

waedi wrote:

At the same port where it was connected to the computer.
The iPad is then the computer.

Oh wow so you're pretty much putting the entire experience onto your Ipad!  That's really something!  Probably need an adapter as Ipad is USB C and the back of the interface is Thunderbolt, correct?

6 (edited by waedi 2024-02-05 01:07:17)

Ah your interface is UFX+ with thunderbolt connection.
It has also an USB socket, use a USB B to USB C cable

https://i.ibb.co/d644z1p/usb.jpg

https://www.digitec.ch/im/productimages/6/1/0/2/7/1/1/1/6/8/5/4/6/0/7/7/7/5/4/77eb1fa5-8a06-4ad1-a06d-6cca1cc2e110_cropped.jpg?impolicy=ProductTileImage&resizeWidth=700&resizeHeight=380&cropWidth=700&cropHeight=380&quality=high

Perfect!  Thank you very kindly, sir!