Topic: Fader Groups via ARC USB (without monitor assignments)

So I have managed to control a 5.1 hardware output configuration with a fader group activated via an ARC key, however this only seems to work when I have outs 1/2 (LR Front speakers) assigned to "main out" through the control room section.

Why is it that with outs 1/2 unassigned and routed manually I cannot activate and control a fader group with the encoder wheel?
The fader group still activates but the encoder wheel does not move the faders like I would expect.

I tried removing the default encoder function in the ARC menu, but the encoder still does not move the faders when the group is activated.

This is not a game-breaking issue, but it is rather mysterious to me as to why this is not allowed.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Re: Fader Groups via ARC USB (without monitor assignments)

The knob only controls the channels set to MAIN OUT, and any that are fader-grouped with it. If you do not want AN 1/2 as part of the speaker/fader group, then you only need to use the Assign button to change MAIN OUT to a different output pair that is in use (AN 3/4 for instance).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by lyricalaloof 2024-03-06 04:39:10)

Re: Fader Groups via ARC USB (without monitor assignments)

BIONN wrote:

So I have managed to control a 5.1 hardware output configuration with a fader group activated via an ARC key, however this only seems to work when I have outs 1/2 (LR Front speakers) assigned to "main out" through the control room section.

Why is it that with outs 1/2 unassigned and routed manually I cannot activate and control a fader group with the encoder wheel?
The fader group still activates but the encoder wheel does not move the faders like I would expect.dinosaur game

I tried removing the default encoder function in the ARC menu, but the encoder still does not move the faders when the group is activated.

This is not a game-breaking issue, but it is rather mysterious to me as to why this is not allowed.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Removing encoder functionality is very difficult. You need to be more persistent.