Topic: [feature request] Room Correction EQ delay allow for 100ms

This is most likely a stretch (pun intended).
It applies to both software and hardware firmware.

I'm using the UFXIII as remote controller connected to Kii remote that allows for true phase correction for the connected speakers. Downside is that it introduces a delay of 90ms. Room Correction EQ goes up to 42.5 ms. Would it be possible to have it increased to 100ms?

2 (edited by bsfreq 2024-02-10 00:46:47)

Re: [feature request] Room Correction EQ delay allow for 100ms

+1

This would be very useful.
I asked the same for different reasons here:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 73#p211073
and here: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 51#p213451

Hopefully there will be enough demand for RME to implement this. I would think this is just a matter of reallocating the resources (RAM), as the TMFX echo is already able to handle longer delay times. Of course any changes done to TMFX will need to be mirrored to all versions, interface firmwares and remotes etc. so there will be some more work involved.

However, it would be much more user friendly to be able to dial in longer delay times directly on the outputs, instead of using the echo + loopback workaround to achieve the same. Also, echo is not as precise.

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

I strongly support these requests. My use case is for audio playback using a convolver for digital room correction. The convolver (on a PC attached to the UFX+) introduces delay in playback through the UFX+  to the main speakers. I would like to synchronize the speakers (convolver and UFX+) to the headphones (no convolver and ADI-2 pro FS BE). Echo is not enough delay to do so.

UFX+; MADIfaceUSB; Startech active USB3 cable; Sonnet Allegro Pro adapter; Win11x64

If echo is not enough, how much delay is needed then?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME