Topic: Totalmix configuration for Guitar playing

Hello all

I have a fireface 800 setup with focal alpha 65s. The amp a Hughes and Kettner GM40 deluxe that has a redbox DI output and I decided to try to experiment with playing and recording on my pc. I am running into a couple of challenges and hope someone can guide me to sort this out. My amp DI out is plugged into the balanced line input.
- With my headphones volume cranked up I get a nice sound on my headphones but no matter what I do, the sound on my monitors is thin and low. Any ideas on what I should be looking at to
- Is it possible in TotalMix FX to get both the Mic and guitar output to show up on 1 line in the PC for zoom calls? I am guessing if I use an XLR microphone and the guitar on the same I/O (7/8 or 9/10) then that might work. Anyway to connect a USB microphone with the guitar signal?

Sorry for the newbie Questions. Id be happy to read through any useful articles you might recommend. Ive googled this but havent found any useful answers.

2 (edited by waedi 2024-02-13 16:18:58)

Re: Totalmix configuration for Guitar playing

zoom is using input channels 1/2, therefore you have to route your signals, guitar and XLR-microphone, to the output 1/2 in Totalmix and activate Loopback there to provide this signal to input channel 1/2 for Zoom.
Don't use USB-mic.
You can use every input of the interface, you can route to the output channels 1/2 every input signal.
Click the wrenchtool button on the output channel to reveal the inside area where the Loopback button is.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thank you Waedi!

Any insight in the weak signal/low volume I am seeing on the monitors via the headset? I'm only seeing this with the guitar signal. If I play a video / mp3 from my pc the speakers are usually MUCH louder than the headset.

A screenshot from your Totalmix would be helpful.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue