Topic: Totalmix Remote Sync Channel Layouts

I'm loving the Totalmix remote on iPad as monitor controller for some time now but one described function seems to elude me. The Sync Channels function.

Ideally I simply want the iPad remote to mirror TM on my Mac. Change or select something on iPad or on the Mac directly and the change or selection is mirrored on the other platform. I can get this to work for snapshot selection, layout presets and fader movements/ other control movements but it doesn't seem to work for output/ subgroup selection.

Is this me only or is this a current limitation?

Re: Totalmix Remote Sync Channel Layouts

That's the way it is designed. Total 'visual'  mirroring does not makes sense in nearly all use cases. It would interfere with the use of another person, or the same person when used intentional as second view setup.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Totalmix Remote Sync Channel Layouts

Thanks for the explanation Matthias. Makes sense. I had not thought of that. This speaks to more of a multi remote client workflow.

You probably don’t ever get asked enough but a single user use case (like me) with a preference in remote like “Remote selection follows desktop” may be an idea at some point?

Kind regards