1 (edited by rafal 2024-02-18 14:34:43)

Topic: 16ms Audio Delay with Babyface (gen1) > adat > Fireface UFX

Hoping I could get some advice trouble shooting an audio delay issue..

I have a Maschine+ and a Nord Drum, the Maschine+ is 16ms behind the Nord, when both are sequenced externally from the same device.

The signal path is:
Maschine+ -> usb -> babyface(CC mode) -> ADAT -> FireFace UFX
Nord Drum -> analog -> FireFace UFX

If I go Maschine+ > analog > FireFace UFX then the offset between them is ok. i.e. it's too small to hear.
I tested going out of the baby face with ADAT, and this issue persists. So the delay is between the m+ and the babyface

The RME gear should be less than 1.5ms. The m+ is 3.6ms. So I should be getting less than 7ms, but I have 16ms, and it's clearly audible.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I tried going: Maschine+ -> usb -> babyface(CC mode) -> analog. And the issue still exists, so the delay is between the m+ and the babyface.

2 (edited by waedi 2024-02-17 06:10:08)

Re: 16ms Audio Delay with Babyface (gen1) > adat > Fireface UFX

Probably one of the instruments did quantize the incoming Midi to its own Midi-clock...?

The USB output of the Maschine has internal latency too, you don't have control over it's internal audio driver.
Check if there is an option to switch off the analog outputs.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

The midi to both instruments is ok, as analogue to on the Maschine+ is good.. I guess it's the USB output of the Maschine has more latency than using the analogue outs. Makes using it as a machine finger drum very difficult to perform with.

I would connect both via analog to the UFX

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue