Topic: Babyface Pro FS with Scarlett Octopre ADAT issues

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully this the right spot for this topic. I've currently purchased a Scarlett Octopre to expand my Babyface Pro FS. I've connected the ADAT OUT of the Octopre to the ADAT IN of the BFP. So, here is my question. I'm wondering if there is anything I need to select in TotalMix to enable the ADAT signal because currently there is none. I've opened the RME driver and it does recognize that an ADAT device is connected. If there is anything y'all need me to be more specific about just ask. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers,

Re: Babyface Pro FS with Scarlett Octopre ADAT issues

Hi
What do you mean by saying 'there is no signal'?
In Totalmix hardware inputs nothing visible?
Or visible but not audible?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

3 (edited by ramses 2024-02-24 10:25:56)

Check the TOSLINK cable and the ADAT ports on the BBF Pro with a loopback test.
Connect ADAT OUT with ADAT in at the BBF Pro. Do you see clock lock and sync in the driver settings?

Check cabling. OctoPre has usually two ADAT outputs to even support double speed.
Are you using the correct output for single speed?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/oynvde7lg1crxxqj6aapu/2024-02-24-Focusrite-Scarlett-OctoPre.jpg?rlkey=3igsfh3pqdr1u55aigtv1ic2e&dl=1

If there is no port active / recording audio on the OctoPre, then you won't see a signal in TM FX.
Do you have a Mic connected? Did you enable phantom power if it needs 48V to operate?
Careful here with some ribbon mics (maybe even with some dynamic mics), phantom power might destroy them.

Regarding clock synchronization:
Scarlett needs to be clock master (clock source "internal") and
BBF Pro needs to be slave (see driver settings: clock source "optical" or "ADAT").

BBF has no Word Clock, so this is no option here.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The octopre has in and out adat. I would connect both and have the bfp as the master. Out to in in both directions.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

mkok wrote:

The octopre has in and out adat. I would connect both and have the bfp as the master. Out to in in both directions.

There are unfortunately different OctoPres around, some have ADAT inputs (and routing to analog outputs)
and some have not. He said he has the "Scarlett OctoPre" which has no ADAT inputs.

https://www.thomann.de/de/focusrite_sca … ctopre.htm

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ah right. I googled it and looked at the wrong one then.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.