Topic: Digiface USB + TotalMix FX Mac - MIDI stopped working

Hi all,

Searched far and wide on the internet and this forum before posting. None of my MIDI input is working any longer in TotalMix and I have no idea why.

• For testing, I've stripped down the entire use case to just 1 knob adjusting the first input fader (Ch1 # 102).

• MIDI is transmitting from controller just fine, as per MIDI monitor and functioning just fine in all other relevant applications.

• TotalMix MIDI is enabled, the proper controller is selected as input device.

• Firmware has been flashed, all drivers have been reinstalled and are up to date, TotalMix was reinstalled as well.

• Have also tried other controllers, and again they all work fine in all other applications but not TotalMix.

• I've even tried virtualized controllers and direct transmission of MIDI commands over virtual ports.

If anyone can lend some insight or guidance, I'd very much appreciate it.

Re: Digiface USB + TotalMix FX Mac - MIDI stopped working

Totalmix menu Options / Settings / Midi : Midi input and output ports are selected ?
Totalmix menu Options / Settings / AuxDevice : Midi input and output ports are selected ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I did have the controller set as input/output on both MIDI and Aux device settings screen (thought not sure why it would matter to do so on the Aux screen).

BUT -- I did get it working. I have absolutely no idea why this would be the case by here's what I did for anyone else stumbling on this:

• I did not have the controller set on controller pages 2, 3 and 4. So I set this same controller up as both input and output on all 4 screens.

• I then clicked the "in use" checkbox on all 4 pages.

• It started working at this point but in order to understand why it would start working under these conditions, I went through and removed the controller from each of the pages backwards and saw that it was still functioning up to the first page where it was still set. I also went through and unchecked the "in use" checkbox on each page as I went. It stopped functioning when "in use" wasn't checked on any page where the controller was also set.

So - to distill this - the "in use" checkbox must be checked for a controller to work on my machine. This was not the case earlier. I don't know what changed. I went back to the manual and saw that it clearly states that the "in use" checkbox must be checked for the controller to be considered activated. I don't remember that being the case before but obviously I'm misremembering. My thought on the "in use" checkbox was that it would essentially 'hijack' the controller from other applications which is not want I want. This also is not the case and I was just misremembering.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, as it spurned me to reevaluate each of those pages more carefully.

Best regards,
S

Congratulations !
Glad you can work.
And thanks for reporting the helpful details.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue