Topic: Moon mind 2 Streaming Network Music Player

I am just about to buy the mind 2 a lossless streamer; it seems a pity that with it's phenomenal capabilities and the ADI 2 FS 's phenomenal capabilities I will be limited by the connectivity between them.
I asume that even if I used an adaptor from the AES EBU out on the mind 2 into the SPDIF on the RME it would still be limited to 192 so be pointless?
I know it will still be lovely but I would kick myself if I later discover I missed a trick.
PS while I'm on RME say that they're DAC's don't need linier power ,if anyone has tried it I would be interested?

Re: Moon mind 2 Streaming Network Music Player

Save yourself 3000$ and get a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro and install Moodeaudio or something similar on it. Or even a simple Raspberry Pi and connect the RME DAC by usb cable.

3 (edited by Curt962 2024-02-28 22:04:47)

My $100 Raspberry Pi4 is completely lossless, and uses FREE/Verkostenlos Software to do so.(Picore Player)  The Remote App (Squeezer) is also free, and very well supported.

Don't buy Fluff, and Promises.   The Pi as configured, delivers an uncorrupted data stream direct to my RME. Seems easy to me.

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

I see raspberry pie's getting favourable sound revues, but I am afraid of them as I am into hifi not computers and they sound complicated,... memory cards ,choosing operating systems etc
can you just plug and go with them?

5 (edited by Curt962 2024-03-02 00:22:49)

Eles,

I am the last person on earth to be confused with a "Computer Guy"   Oh no!

I relied upon Online How-To tutorial materials, and my Pi was up & running in a short time.  (ie: A small pot of Coffee)

"Plug & Play" out of the box?  No.  You need to get involved.  Same as a new set of speakers, where they are not just thrown into the room, but rather You have to position them "just so" for best results. That can take a good bit of time!
Actually the Speaker scenario is far more involved than is configuring a Pi.   It's rewarding to know a bit about your gear!

You can do it.

https://i.ibb.co/xqSzfJV/20201216-144111.jpg

Here's my Rpi4 wearing a Stylish Heatsink Case costing $15 US.  (Hand not included)

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

elescoses8 wrote:

I am just about to buy the mind 2 a lossless streamer; it seems a pity that with it's phenomenal capabilities and the ADI 2 FS 's phenomenal capabilities I will be limited by the connectivity between them.
I asume that even if I used an adaptor from the AES EBU out on the mind 2 into the SPDIF on the RME it would still be limited to 192 so be pointless?

The trick is simple, buy a streamer that is not limited to 192kHz at its outputs like the Moon Mind 2.
Since the RME does not support I2S you need to buy a streamer with an USB output to enjoy music beyond PCM192kHz or DSD64.

ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

Thank you all for your advice, I will take them all on board. In fact I have for the moment decided that I like my sound so I think I will wait and see.
I am now going to play with a different aspect of my sound.  I am this week replacing my 12AX7 driver valves in my integrated valve amplifier for a pair of 5751 valves.
PS if anyone else is into valves I tube rolled too 6L6 GC retro two months ago. and I would recommend them.