Topic: Thunderbolt Cable Connecting Rme UFX PLUS to ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 PCI-

Hi
Can someone help me temporarily - like a three-year-old smile

I need a link to the auction or to specific offers available on the market. I need to connect the Rme Ufx+ card via thunderbolt port to

ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 PCI-E cards

I will be very grateful for your help. My inquiry is not due to laziness but out of fear that I will choose something untested that may cause a problem

Regards and thank U,

Jordan

Re: Thunderbolt Cable Connecting Rme UFX PLUS to ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 PCI-

USB3 has the advantage that you can use 3m cables which is more or less always needed.
Example: PC right side of your desk so that interferences from CPU do not infect audio. Audio gear / rack on the left side of you.
With thunderbolt the cables and thinner, plugs are more tiny, and max cable length is only 2m!

There can be multiple reasons for audio loss. It is not guaranteed, that this will fix your audio problems.
Same as with the Sonnet card.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

jordansobierajski wrote:

Hi
Can someone help me temporarily - like a three-year-old smile

I need a link to the auction or to specific offers available on the market. I need to connect the Rme Ufx+ card via thunderbolt port to

ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 PCI-E cards

I will be very grateful for your help. My inquiry is not due to laziness but out of fear that I will choose something untested that may cause a problem

Regards and thank U,

Jordan

You may need to know that no one knows (!) if the UFX+ will work with this specific combination and Windows 11. Usually Windows 11 no longer allows to use UFX+ via Thunderbolt (because it is TB 1, which is no onger supported. 3 is now required).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for your response

I do not know what to say. So I'm struggling with what I have for now.

Honestly, I don't even know what exactly such a cable would look like, I know that it shouldn't be longer than 2 meters, but I've already asked 3 people what the terminals should look like and none of them knows for sure, that's why I wrote on the forum about a specific example of such a cable. cable. Link to the auction.

I would be very grateful because at least I could try such a cable with this setting and let the community know.

Perhaps someone else uses this setup or has such a cable. I want to be 100% sure, please be understanding. I'm new, not lazy - (please provide specific links, etc.), in fact, I have little or no time for fun and experiments.

I wish you health and prosperity
and successful projects

Jordan