Topic: Main Volume Knob Loose UFX III

Greetings!

I recently purchased a UFX III, my first RME interface. I noticed immediately after purchase that the main volume knob has a considerable amount of "wiggle" or "looseness" as if the cap isn't seated correctly before clicking over to the next step on the encoder.

To anyone who owns a variant of the UFX, is this normal? The problem is not apparent on both of the smaller headphone controls.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Main Volume Knob Loose UFX III

Congrats on the UFX III purchase!

Mine doesn't wiggle anymore than any of the other equipment in my rack, or the headphone knobs on the unit. It's not as firm as my Neve preamp knobs, but nothing else really is wink

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, 12Mic, Pulse 16 MX, Studio One 6

This is an ecncoder with push function. These are not as firm as a traditional potentiometer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

babul wrote:

Congrats on the UFX III purchase!

Mine doesn't wiggle anymore than any of the other equipment in my rack, or the headphone knobs on the unit. It's not as firm as my Neve preamp knobs, but nothing else really is wink

Hmmmm, given this information, I’m inclined to believe something is most definitely wrong with the larger button. The amount of give it has is nowhere near the same as the HP knobs. It feels very loose, almost like it wasn’t pushed on all the way.